HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:53 PM
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Modena
Joined Nov 2013
337 Posts
I've been looking through my spares and I found this: Name: uploadfromtaptalk1405295082783.jpg
Views: 4
Size: 204.4 KB
Description:
It seems OK, you can glue it or tape it to the base.
I like the idea of something that can hold the battery in a inverted loop but can release it in case of a dive crash.

That's how my 2s had been surviving till today with something like 50 crashes e 6 wings detached: 2 pieces of foam to hold the battery but no tape / Velcro.
Name: uploadfromtaptalk1405295593493.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 109.8 KB
Description:

Yet I'm not confident that a 3s 2200 can get a free pass...
eaman is online now Find More Posts by eaman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:27 AM
Joined Aug 2013
58 Posts
Where do you bought it?
bonsario is offline Find More Posts by bonsario
Old Jul 14, 2014, 07:00 PM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
991 Posts
Seems you will need a new Z-84 kit.

For a more powerfull and heavier setup maybe the Teksumo would be the better decision.

Also the Skyfun would be an option or maybe the Radjet.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=36396
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:50 AM
Joined Nov 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsario View Post
Where do you bought it?
It came with a Sonic 64.

Oh and my 3s goes in a new kit, that's why I'm asking for CG before the maiden, I'd like to keep this instance fresh.
The old one still flies somehow, I'm gonna paint it and pretend it's some scale thing, maybe put some bombs and lightz and blings :P
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:07 PM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
991 Posts
Sounds funny!

What is about the Sonic 64? Is it as much fun to fly the 64 as the Z-84?
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:28 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2012
49 Posts
Hello Everyone

I really like flying the Z84, however I want to replace the stock setup with some just a little more powerful to help with the wind we get here.

I have read that others have changed to a 2826 2200kv motor with a 5x5 prop running on 3S.

My question is this:

1. Is there something a little lower (maybe in-between standard and the 2200) that will work for both 2S and 3S, and
2. How do you mount an upgrade motor, will they fill the standard mount with the 4 suppled screws ?

Thanks
stretch_h is offline Find More Posts by stretch_h
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:12 PM
Joined Nov 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
What is about the Sonic 64? Is it as much fun to fly the 64 as the Z-84?
I'd say the mini sonic is more fun: very quick, very agile and precise, blazing rolls compared to Z-84, cuts well into the wind, can take a beating and the batteries are cheap too.

I mean: there's nothing wrong with the Big sonic. It's just a big toy to amuse your nephews: that's big , it got turbo, looks like a space ship.
It's really well behaved: first launch it went straight like an arrow, it's even easier than the Z to land, it's not noisy for a EDF so you can use it near your neighbors if that's your thing. But it's not fast, maybe with a better ESC and 4s.

On the other side if you have an itch to go big for something like a warbird ~1200cm 3s this may be a good introduction: it's easy to take-off and to land (it can land on grass or you can even grab it as it has no exposed blades) , a little cheaper, way more precise and aerobatic, more simple to repair.

One thing that I don't like about the Big Sonic is that it's very thin / flat so it's quite easy to loose orientation when you take it flat. As I said it is such a sound aircraft that has no bad abits and glides well, but if you let it loose in the distance and it gets in the sun it's easy to loose orientation and hard to guess where the hell it's pointed.
That makes it just a little more demanding and thrilling :P

But the minic sonic IMHO it's the best
Last edited by eaman; Jul 16, 2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:14 PM
Joined Nov 2013
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch_h View Post
1. Is there something a little lower (maybe in-between standard and the 2200) that will work for both 2S and 3S, and
Just try a more performer propeller like a 5043: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27455 , I use that on my 2s and it goes a little more (you may have to change the timings of the ESC).

Quote:
2. How do you mount an upgrade motor, will they fill the standard mount with the 4 suppled screws ?
It fits the motor mount with longer screws, no problem to find those in a hardware store.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 04:12 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2012
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaman View Post
Just try a more performer propeller like a 5043: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27455 , I use that on my 2s and it goes a little more (you may have to change the timings of the ESC).

It fits the motor mount with longer screws, no problem to find those in a hardware store.

Thanks for the good advice eaman, appreciated
Old Jul 17, 2014, 06:11 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Jul 2012
49 Posts
I did put a 5x5 prop on to add a little more to the Z84, but the ESC/Motor squeals when applying power and stops about half throttle. If I, very slowly, apply power I can almost get it up to full power.

I am running the standard 10amp that came with the PnP version from HK, do I need to program the ESC or do I need to get another ESC ??

I could not find any programming instructions for the standard ESC on the HK website.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 06:51 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,622 Posts
you need to program te esc . usually those HK esc are HW clones . do a search for a program manual on the HW esc.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN