HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Thanks Si.

I am pretty sure they will be good if not same bar the failsafe issue...but as with anything do tend to be anal in what I get/buy...I guess will get one and stick in a foamy and fly it first before shoving it in balsa....
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:16 PM
UK
Joined Sep 2010
19 Posts
I've been flying them in my Wot4 Foam E as well as my Durafly T28 Trojan and (other than the failsafe) haven''t had any issues (touch wood) - having said that I'm only risking a £100 rtf plane each time I fly. If I had a £400 monster with many build hours in it would I risk it just for a saving of £15 - probably not but each to their own. They're probably no worse than the orange rx's or the frsky ones...
ozzieparky is offline Find More Posts by ozzieparky
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:22 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
New helicopter receiver ALIGN R6GS

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:19 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
821 Posts
I have just purchased a T6j with no charger I thought I would use my own after market one to find the charging port is like no other I have seen I managed to find a charge plug that fits the TX which is 1.3 x3.45 from Maplins but now nowhere in the manual can I find what pin is positive and what is negative can somebody enlighten me please
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:14 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23 View Post
---
what pin is positive and what is negative can somebody enlighten me please
Center is positive.
numnutchris is offline Find More Posts by numnutchris
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:43 AM
Oxford Panic
United Kingdom, Oxford
Joined Feb 2003
3,654 Posts
Futaba always use centre positive. AFAIK only JR/Spek use centre negative.

A
AndyOne is offline Find More Posts by AndyOne
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:53 AM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniGe23 View Post
I have just purchased a T6j with no charger I thought I would use my own after market one to find the charging port is like no other I have seen I managed to find a charge plug that fits the TX which is 1.3 x3.45 from Maplins but now nowhere in the manual can I find what pin is positive and what is negative can somebody enlighten me please
Have you got a multimeter? If so, put it on the continuity setting and see which pin on the plug goes to which battery pin.

Failing that, a quick call to Ripmax will probably give you the answer.

IIRC, it's centre positive, but don't quote me on that!

Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:36 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
Have you got a multimeter? If so, put it on the continuity setting and see which pin on the plug goes to which battery pin.

Failing that, a quick call to Ripmax will probably give you the answer.

IIRC, it's centre positive, but don't quote me on that!

Si.
Thanks guys,
Simon I contacted the component shop for a charge lead and they did not even know that Futaba are using a new charge plug so want me to keep them updated for future reference.
http://www.component-shop.co.uk/
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:10 PM
Thermal Junkie
San Diego - California - USA
Joined Feb 2001
342 Posts
Hey gang,

My 2 cents...

Regarding batteries, I initially thought it pretty cheap of Futaba to not include at least a charger and Nihm setup...

But after just using standard AA's, I've actually begun to like it! I carry a spare set in my flight box, and they seem to last at least 15 hours!

I actually like not having to worry about the charge state of my transmitter... When it finally warns of low battery, I take 2 minutes to swap a fresh set and I'm good for another month... That's about 80 cents a month to me and totally worth the convenience...

This is a really great radio - And right now it can be had at Tower for $249 with a free additional 6 channel parkflyer receiver!

-- Warren
AMA 19909
LSF 8170 LVL III
Warren is online now Find More Posts by Warren
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Jun 2008
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Hey gang,

My 2 cents...

Regarding batteries, I initially thought it pretty cheap of Futaba to not include at least a charger and Nihm setup...

But after just using standard AA's, I've actually begun to like it! I carry a spare set in my flight box, and they seem to last at least 15 hours!

I actually like not having to worry about the charge state of my transmitter... When it finally warns of low battery, I take 2 minutes to swap a fresh set and I'm good for another month... That's about 80 cents a month to me and totally worth the convenience...

This is a really great radio - And right now it can be had at Tower for $249 with a free additional 6 channel parkflyer receiver!

-- Warren
AMA 19909
LSF 8170 LVL III
+1 ..
I have 2 sets of rechargeables and keep a extra set on hand.This radio has been 100% flawless and I love it..
invert is offline Find More Posts by invert
Old Dec 24, 2012, 11:21 PM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
Can anyone tell me pls how to program the flaps on the 3-way-switch "G" so its full up, 50% down, and full down?

Thanks in advance!
carrera mike is offline Find More Posts by carrera mike
Last edited by carrera mike; Dec 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:54 AM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
MENU - AUX-CHAN and check your flaps channel is assigned to 3-way switch.
REVERSE the CH if flaps move the wrong way.
With the switch at full up, setup your servo so the flaps are level or whatever you mean with "full up"
Flip the switch and check the deflection rates, you might have to move linkages in the horns/holes.

If you want more precise control, use eg. P-MIXes to achieve movements, but you have to provide your setup then. (With no info I assumed easiest setup with flaps controlled by two servos on an y-harness connected to a single channel)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:36 AM
Aviation Maintenance Manager
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Dec 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
MENU - AUX-CHAN and check your flaps channel is assigned to 3-way switch.
REVERSE the CH if flaps move the wrong way.
With the switch at full up, setup your servo so the flaps are level or whatever you mean with "full up"
Flip the switch and check the deflection rates, you might have to move linkages in the horns/holes.

If you want more precise control, use eg. P-MIXes to achieve movements, but you have to provide your setup then. (With no info I assumed easiest setup with flaps controlled by two servos on an y-harness connected to a single channel)
Thanks Chris! Appreciate the info. I just didnt know where to start looking through the manual. Now that you said that its through AUX-CHAN, I know now where to go!
Appreciate it!
carrera mike is offline Find More Posts by carrera mike
Old Dec 25, 2012, 03:13 PM
numnutchris
Joined Sep 2009
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera mike View Post
Thanks Chris! Appreciate the info. I just didnt know where to start looking through the manual. Now that you said that its through AUX-CHAN, I know now where to go!
Appreciate it!
Futaba radios are excellent but their manuals just suck - my poor opinion - you could also use the futaba hobbico faq at
http://www.futaba-rc.com/techsupport/index.html
At least eg. the 10C/10CG is somewhat similar to the 8J in programming if you dont find specific 8J pages.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:54 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by numnutchris View Post
At least eg. the 10C/10CG is somewhat similar to the 8J in programming if you dont find specific 8J pages.
http://lilsfutaba.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/T8FZG.pdf
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)