HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:10 PM
(madkev :) )
United Kingdom, England, Stafford
Joined Dec 2002
402 Posts
Bmfa Dart

Hi

The indoor season starts tonight in Stafford (UK) so I've had a go at a 15 inch wingspan Dart

It's 25g in weight so it should be great indoors. only time will tell. most people rave about the fun factor with this little plane so I'm looking forward to it
kdwzagi is offline Find More Posts by kdwzagi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:20 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
850 Posts
Looks fun!

Which brick/motor are you using?

Free

P.S. 200 pages
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:24 PM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
So here is my 98% completed Carbon Cub Panorama, I just need to attach some magnets to the canopy and replace one of the props.
Looks nice!

Please update after maiden.

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:34 PM
(madkev :) )
United Kingdom, England, Stafford
Joined Dec 2002
402 Posts
first flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdwzagi View Post
Hi

The indoor season starts tonight in Stafford (UK) so I've had a go at a 15 inch wingspan Dart

It's 25g in weight so it should be great indoors. only time will tell. most people rave about the fun factor with this little plane so I'm looking forward to it

Flew absolutely beautifully. Very stable. Loops and turns very well. All the gear is from my old parkzone mustang. Can't wait for the next indoor
kdwzagi is offline Find More Posts by kdwzagi
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:09 AM
I NEED a micro seaplane lrf!!!
Torino
Joined May 2007
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me View Post
They randomly decide that they want to go full travel, stay that way, then burn.
It's exactly what happened to my Pole Cat. Well, not exactly since I got it before the servo could burn.. Now the servo wants to stay full travel, one side or the other.

Is it a fatal trouble? Could the servo be fixed in some way?
fabersum is offline Find More Posts by fabersum
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:46 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,735 Posts
I have a servo on my 4-Site that does that (elevator). So far, just turning the cog slowly by hand to get it away from the end works to recover it (while it's turned off). I suspect restricting the throws so they can't go to full travel helps.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:28 AM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No View Post
I have a servo on my 4-Site that does that (elevator). So far, just turning the cog slowly by hand to get it away from the end works to recover it (while it's turned off). I suspect restricting the throws so they can't go to full travel helps.
Ive had that issue a lot with my small linear servo's, reducing the throw does help. Some other tips I learned were to make sure the hinge has as little drag as possible. And make sure the pushrod's are smooth as butter in the guides, this is the most important step in my opinion, if they drag at all on the guides it leads to the servo stalling. Hope this helps.

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:40 AM
Pigeon 4 life.
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jun 2012
661 Posts
200 Pages!!!!
addictedtoplanes is offline Find More Posts by addictedtoplanes
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:26 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabersum View Post
It's exactly what happened to my Pole Cat. Well, not exactly since I got it before the servo could burn.. Now the servo wants to stay full travel, one side or the other.

Is it a fatal trouble? Could the servo be fixed in some way?
On the Polecat, this is usually caused by the motor, touching and shorting the bottom side of the circuit board. I slipped a heat shrink sleeve around my motor to prevent this from happening.

The Shorting causes one or both of the Field Effect transistor (FET) to burn up. Do not run a brick with a burned FET, you could actually set the foam on fire (as any Lipo fueled short might),

If its the rudder servo that is failed, you can cut the motor wires, thumb the large gear to center the servo and fly it as a TAE 3 channel.

RCG member Chim Chim can solder on a new FET to repair the board, or you can buy a new target hobby brick for $20 and use the burned one for parts.

If the servo is merely sticking at either end after full TX stick movement and doesn't travel there by itself, reduce the throws in the TX (or trim away from the sticky side and mechanically retrim using the U bends for a non computer TX)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:50 AM
Paris (France)
Joined Jan 2006
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
So here is my 98% completed Carbon Cub Panorama, I just need to attach some magnets to the canopy and replace one of the props.
Nice!
What is the AUW?
indoor_fr is offline Find More Posts by indoor_fr
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:52 AM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,286 Posts
I just realized I never posted a pic in this thread of my Gordon Johnson plans based skeletonized Fokker DR1. Picture by micki taken from the NEAT fair photo thread.

12" wingspan, 21.3 g, Champ brick, vapor motor and gearbox with a Sukhoi prop. 125 mAh cess gives 12 minutes.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:29 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,892 Posts
Pete,

That is sweet! Are you flying it outside, at the Skymaster's field? I haven't flown any of my indoor ones outside yet, too timid, and lately just too windy.

-Dave
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:31 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,286 Posts
I haven't taken it to the field yet but except for 2-3 flights in the gym at NEAT, all the other flights have been outside in pretty calm conditions. Dawn patrol at NEAT (and in my backyard) is a blast.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:29 PM
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
1,892 Posts
Pete,

What is "NEAT"? Anything to do with the indoor sessions at Pontiac Ultimate Soccer Arena?
I looked into this and I found a fair held by the NorthEast Area Modellers Association, but I can't find out what the "T" is.

My backyard has a small lake, so I get nervous unless it has floats, AND the paddle boat is clean & dry (rare). You should see me scramble on a botched water landing when I neglect to service the paddle boat first, I think I need a small canoe!
dbacon is offline Find More Posts by dbacon
Last edited by dbacon; Oct 12, 2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:33 AM
...missing the PE Slope Rebels
United States, MI, Manchester
Joined May 2004
3,011 Posts
nice one Pete !
Flying Beagle is offline Find More Posts by Flying Beagle