HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2014, 06:25 AM
Joined Jul 2010
389 Posts
Discussion
Orange RX400

I bought this http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...1-471F63631C15 for my EPP Piaget..
I usually fly outdoor and very close to me but I'd like to know how far I can fly without any issues..
Somebody have experience with this RX?
Thanks
John
hot wings is offline Find More Posts by hot wings
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2014, 09:29 AM
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined Sep 2012
194 Posts
i have with the older version. the rage is just fine for what you want.

there is no campasitor on the rx so it is light. the trade off is if you are pushing the c rating of batteries you will have more receiver glitches when flying as far as you can see; the receiver will get starved for power and miss stick inputs sometimes. i never noticed it till i put the receiver in a small and fast full fuse plane. not really a trade off for your set up; the receiver was alwase perfect in profile planes .

try to position the antenna away from carbon and the esc because of interference

how far can you go? probably as far as you can tell what way is up. make sure you bind with the throttle all the way down because when the transmitter/ receiver lose contact the motor will return to state it was bound in.

matt
mattnat is online now Find More Posts by mattnat
Last edited by mattnat; Apr 08, 2014 at 09:46 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 04:41 PM
No such thing as overpowered
Suffolk, England
Joined Sep 2008
1,817 Posts
The range on these small receivers are very far. I have a Piaget and this receiver will be fine for it.

I used to use a Futaba park fly receiver in my Piaget which had a range of about 300m but I reckon I took my Piaget much much higher than that and never had any signal loss.
Wilit run? 353 is offline Find More Posts by Wilit run? 353