HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2014, 03:15 PM
Plane Basher
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Joined Oct 2005
202 Posts
I just picked up the Artisan BnF and I have an extra AR636 I was going to replace the AR 635 with. I like the programming features of the Ar636 better. I was wondering if anyone has an Ar636 in their Artisan and what their settings might be?
Sam
slammer1 is online now Find More Posts by slammer1
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:47 AM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Dec 2014
11 Posts
I bought the Artizan and am putting it together right now. I dont have a runway to take off of near by. Can i hand launch this plane or will it stall or what should i expect if i have somebody hand launch this plane for me. Mind you this is the maiden.
Gamma370pro is offline Find More Posts by Gamma370pro
Old Today, 03:08 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma370pro View Post
I bought the Artizan and am putting it together right now. I dont have a runway to take off of near by. Can i hand launch this plane or will it stall or what should i expect if i have somebody hand launch this plane for me. Mind you this is the maiden.
This plane has lots of power. At full throttle it will fly out of your hand. I've launched mine with an underhand toss, holding the top of the fuz no problem. Same as many guys do with small 3d foamies.

Just be careful of the prop though. Don't know what you flying area looks like but maybe take the landing gear off and belly land it. Just have to hope that the prop is angled a bit sideways when landing. Helps if you program your esc (see it's manual or google it) for brake=on.
TomC is online now Find More Posts by TomC
Old Today, 03:37 PM
Joined Mar 2013
283 Posts
If you're on a grass field, don't worry. It takes off and lands fine in short grass.
flightengr is online now Find More Posts by flightengr
Old Today, 03:44 PM
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2013
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma370pro View Post
Given that its your maiden, can you get to a suitable field to fly and trim it out before you try your first hand launch?
dochoot is offline Find More Posts by dochoot