Closed Thread
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:29 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymadcientist View Post
hay my name is luciano junqueira i never saw this grand dad in my life but i will pay what ever he stoled from u just for u to take this video dow i now it is rong but is very sad please just let me now how much i live in ny city just tall me how to send the paiment to u and u take dow
Are you serious or joking? How do you know he hasn't been doing this from show-to-show, stealing $25 items for years? It's between the thief and the vendor at this point but feeling sad for the thief is an odd reaction IMO...

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2013, 06:37 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymadcientist View Post
hay my name is luciano junqueira
Then you may not understand that making a public spectacle of criminals is not only an American tradition, it's the way criminals should be treated. The video speaks for itself. It clearly shows the man taking something from the table without paying for it. The only effect that can have is showing a person for who he truly is. Sometimes the truth is ugly, and maybe even offensive, but that's not the case here and I don't see any reason to take the video down.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Apr 17, 2013, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I'm not to much into the public bashing and humiliation, even more so when there is little proof or it's just a word versus word situation (that is typical of Trader Talk sometimes). But, that being said, this guy has shown no remorse. It's one thing if he admitted what he did, or even said "gosh, I'm sorry I thought the items were free". He was turned in by his fellow club members and contacted the OP/Vendor and said "nope, I didn't take anything". I think the video is pretty clear what he did.

It's hard enough for local hobby shops to stay in business, let alone mom and pop or one or two man operations. I wonder how much the OP had to pay to attend this show, set up, stay in a hotel, eat, etc, and then man his table. I'm guessing every penny counts.

Only the OP can shut the thread down when he feels it's "run it's course". If it stays open, or the video stays up, so be it. Let it serve as a warning to other potential vendors who kill themselves to attend shows, bring their products to market, and have to deal with this.

Restitution is warranted, and it would be nice to see it accompanied with an apology.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:08 PM
CHICAGO
Joined Feb 2004
1,616 Posts
Thank you

Yes, I think its a good idea to close the thread.

I will attempt to contact the man if the video one more time and if i don't get the items back I will forward all info to Toledo PD and his local town PD.

Thank you all RCG members for your support and quick work in finding this man.

Best Wishes,

Dan
TrueRC
supi7 is offline Find More Posts by supi7
Closed Thread