SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:09 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Discussion
JXD Drift King - Aileron Moves Front/Back Instead Of Sideways

I don't expect many answers on this one, as this heli isn't nearly as popular here as it is with me. However I love these little guys, and have two in my lineup right now.

However the other day I had a bit of hair wrapped around the main rotor, down near the "squash plate", and took it apart to get it out. I removed the canopy, top blades, the little arm and pegs that actually move the squash plate, etc... and then put everything back together. I compared it side by side with my second DK that's in perfect condition and it looked correct.

But now when I fly it and give it aileron, it no longer goes sideways, it goes forward or backward. Like the squash plate is pushing the bottom rotor in the wrong direction by 90 degrees. But if you look at the squash plates on the two heli's, they seem to be set up identically.

I'm stumped - any ideas what the issue is?
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:38 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Dec 2006
469 Posts
You'll probably get a lot more replies if you ask in the JXD 340 thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...361597&page=14

I don't know what's wrong with your heli but I can at least tell you its "swash plate" not "squash plate".
overedline is offline Find More Posts by overedline
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:08 PM
United States, MA, Plymouth
Joined Jan 2013
1,305 Posts
Nope, it's "squash plate"

You'd have to see it to see what I mean. The aileron works by using a geared lever to literally squash the bottom rotor shaft sideways.
Arr0wHead is offline Find More Posts by Arr0wHead