Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
14,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glmccready View Post
Buzz: beat a dead horse much.
Thanks. I'll take that as an insult. I guess you know it all. (?)

Please share your knowledge.
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by crave
KnowWhatIMean
Joined Jul 2013
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Thanks. I'll take that as an insult. I guess you know it all. (?)

Please share your knowledge.
I hear ya Buzz I pay no attention to insult. something the WWW is all about,..

Crave

back to flying
crave is online now Find More Posts by crave
Old Today, 03:08 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
14,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crave View Post
I hear ya Buzz I pay no attention to insult. something the WWW is all about,..

Crave

back to flying
Whatever. To each his own.
Old Today, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by crave
KnowWhatIMean
Joined Jul 2013
1,546 Posts
So has anyone tried those bats that are these or those

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-...item463718e78f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rechargeable...item234f842dd7
Old Today, 03:21 PM
Find More Posts by glmccready
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,935 Posts
Buzz is wrong and doesn't know when to quit. Not an insult, just an observation. So I
ll say it once more: You do NOT own the airspace above your property to 500 ft. How many times did you insist this was true?
The US Supreme court HAS ruled that you do own up to 83 feet. Other than that there is NO legal precedence.
"Thus, a landowner "owns at least as much of the space above the ground as he can occupy or use in connection with the land," and invasions of that airspace "are in the same category as invasions of the surface."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Causby
No mention of 500 ft other than for aircraft. not for airspace ownership by land holders.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Last edited by glmccready; Today at 03:29 PM.
Old Today, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
14,237 Posts
Quote:
Buzz is wrong and doesn't know when to quit. Not an insult, just an observation. So I
ll say it once more: You do NOT own the airspace above your property to 500 ft. How many times did you insist this was true?
The US Supreme court HAS ruled that you do own up to 83 feet. Other than that there is NO legal precedence.
"Thus, a landowner "owns at least as much of the space above the ground as he can occupy or use in connection with the land," and invasions of that airspace "are in the same category as invasions of the surface."
No mention of 500 ft other than for aircraft. not for airspace ownership by land holders.
ROFLMAO!!! You just proved what I've been talking about! We're into semantics now.

Answer this: What's the minimum altitude an airplane can fly over your house/property? If it's below 500ft.... he's trespassing.
Do you know why commercial and navigable altitudes are 500ft or above? You guys are good at trolling.
Last edited by Buzz; Today at 03:48 PM.
Old Today, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by glmccready
Gary
United States, MD, Salisbury
Joined Mar 2011
2,935 Posts
Don't know what yo said dude, but if I had to guess... You own the airspace above your property to 500ft.....lol No wonder you are so many ignore lists.
glmccready is offline Find More Posts by glmccready
Old Today, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Joined Aug 2002
14,237 Posts
Quote:
Don't know what yo said dude, but if I had to guess... You own the airspace above your property to 500ft.....lol No wonder you are so many ignore lists.
Makes you wonder where my post count came from. I really don't care if I'm, on ignore lists. I wanted to discuss the issue....but you keep wanting to argue. I won't argue. I will discuss. If we can't do that without slander.. then believe what you want. I'm not going anywhere.
Old Today, 04:46 PM
Find More Posts by crave
KnowWhatIMean
Joined Jul 2013
1,546 Posts
The way of the west
back to the info I asked

So has anyone tried those bats that are these or those

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-...item463718e78f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rechargeable...item234f842dd7
Old Today, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by d_wheel
Old fart. VAAATSP
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Joined Jun 2004
2,096 Posts
Quote:
ROFLMAO!!! You just proved what I've been talking about! We're into semantics now.

Answer this: What's the minimum altitude an airplane can fly over your house/property? If it's below 500ft.... he's trespassing.
Do you know why commercial and navigable altitudes are 500ft or above? You guys are good at trolling.
No, not trespassing. It's a matter of SAFETY, not invasion of privacy.

Later;

D.W.

http://www.risingup.com/fars/info/part91-119-FAR.shtml
d_wheel is offline Find More Posts by d_wheel
Old Today, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by crave
KnowWhatIMean
Joined Jul 2013
1,546 Posts
hard to read when directed to a ad overlay topic

Sec. 91.119 - Minimum safe altitudes: General.

Sec. 91.119 — Minimum safe altitudes: General.
Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters, powered parachutes, and weight-shift-control aircraft. If the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface—

(1) A helicopter may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section, provided each person operating the helicopter complies with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the FAA; and

(2) A powered parachute or weight-shift-control aircraft may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (c) of this section.

[Docket No. 18334, 54 FR 34294, Aug. 18, 1989, as amended by Amdt. 91–311, 75 FR 5223, Feb
Old Today, 05:53 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
2,143 Posts
Quote:
Ok, let's put it this way... I own the airspace above my property up to 500ft where it becomes navigable airspace for airplanes. Below that by 100 ft is the altitude limit for quads. Below 500ft is not navigable airspace for any real plane except on landing or take off.
Various court cases have defined that a properly owner only "owns" the airspace above their property that they "can reasonably use". There is no defined height, but 99.9 % of the time it will be far less than 500 feet.

In the case you cited, the court thought that the plane was too low. Perhaps if you have multiple 490' structures on your property, you could claim ownership up to 500'. Remember that being a nuisance can happen at any elevation. But ownership and trespass is a different thing.

We will see what the court thinks of state and municipal ordinances with regard to this when they are tested.
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Today, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
2,143 Posts
Quote:

Do you know why commercial and navigable altitudes are 500ft or above?
Buzz that is incorrect. If a pilot is flying lower than 500' AGL in a sparsely populated are, he can be guilty of reckless operation of his aircraft. But not trespass.
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Today, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by California Condor
Old Timer
CARMICHAEL, CALIFORNIA USA
Joined Apr 2001
3,969 Posts

So it is ok to fly my Phantom over my property at any altitude?
California Condor is online now Find More Posts by California Condor