HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:01 PM
Imperious Bloviator
United States, GA, Milner
Joined Feb 2012
26 Posts
Question
Raidentech?

Why does Raidentech bother to advertise tanks? Everything on their list is perpetually out of stock. Sheesh.
Lesmambo is offline Find More Posts by Lesmambo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:17 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,298 Posts
Because they can. And tanks aren't the only thing that are usually out of stock with them.
Raidentech is a sister company to NitroPlanes, and a few others. Seems they all do the same, advertise stuff on back order until the next shipment from China shows up.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:03 AM
United States
Joined Oct 2008
541 Posts
I've heard enough bad things about them so I won't pill it on but I would stay clear of them, even if what they advertised it as being in stock.

~ Jeff
Panther F is offline Find More Posts by Panther F
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:10 PM
Fortress Fixer / Scale Addict
United States, TX
Joined Mar 2010
169 Posts
I purchased my first HL Tiger from them a number of years back - they had a legitimate business back then. Unfortunately, this operation is past its prime at this point. I'd look elsewhere.
Comstock is offline Find More Posts by Comstock
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:34 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,477 Posts
http://www.nitrorcx.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html

ok heres one for 39 bucks and recivers are 11 2.4g all you would need and for cheap . ive bought 6 different items from them and all have been top knotch .
2 drift cars
2 crawlers
1 gt3b radio
1 charger
.located in cali not china .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:47 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,298 Posts
nitrorx is just another one of the family, take a look at the very bottom of the page.
They all are located in CA, but get all their stuff from China.

I've bought a ton of stuff from NitroPlanes, Raidentech, and one or two of the others.
BUT, I knew up front what I was getting into. Most of the stuff was airplane related.
I was buying for the basic plane, tossing all the stock stuff and knowing for the most part that I was on my own if something was missing or broken when it showed up.

It's best we let the newbies and such know about places like this, and what to expect up front. Rather then let them fall into the pretty pictures and not so honest descriptions and promises made by them. Then if they decide to buy, they know what they may be getting into, and have no one to blame except themselves is something goes south on them.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:48 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,477 Posts
^^^^^ wrong nitro rcx has excellent cs they are not part of the so called family .example i had burnt an esc on my crawler ( my fault completly and they replaced it no questions ask .
even the big brands have some items arrive with damage or not working that also is part of mass producing so dont blame any one company unless you have proof .
and why is every one busting companys for the china thing ??? have all of you looked at your clothes and most every thing you buy ?? american made is almost a thing of the past and most every thing american made is assembled in another country or the parts are made from another contry and assembled in the us . im not bagging anyone but the facts are the facts . and no matter what anyone builds there WILL be a knock off made from some where and in some cases the knock off is better than the original . so just because its a name brand does not mean its not made in china or another part of the world .

and no i dont work for or advertise nitrorcx in any way but they have treated my fair and with good cs and for that i shall defend them .
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:26 PM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,298 Posts
Not faulting the China stuff, but that is where they get their stuff.
Glad you did get taken care of when you had a problem.
And I have no problem with you stating so.

Okay so you say not family, then how bout subsidiaries.

You want facts just take a look at the BBB site.
Nitrorcx is listed as also Nitro Models, and if you do a little searching, NitroPlanes, Raidentech, Nitrorxc, XHeli, and Hobby Partz are all using the same central address along with their physical one.

Also go to Nitroplane's support site, wanna take a shot on what companies are all listed in the support section?

Same central address, same F rating as the rest. Same company, different names used.

Companies do that, Look at Federal Mogul, or if you like, Champion spark plugs, FelPro gaskets, Anco wiper blades, National Bearing, Moog and more.
Different names, yet FM owns em all.

Or beer, You got Miller and Anheuser-Busch, these two own just about every brand out there.

Just the facts.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:30 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,477 Posts
many companys use more than one name to get there product out or use them for different products , jaguar = ( gm drive trains ) mazda = ( ford / mercury ) ( toyota =,scion ), ect... venom = atomic .the list is endless . thats been part of life for many many years , even though the address are the same does not always mean the same people deal with each branch is all i was trying to get at .