HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
Question
Magnets in the can ? rightside up or upside down

I had the rear magnet retainer in my Tacon Big Foot 60 come loose as I was landing the other day and seise the motor. I was at a very low throttle speed. I took it apart and repositioned magnets, but in the process one magnet got stuck on top of another for a minute. I was not sure which way it had fliped. Is there a rightside up or upside down position. Motor runs smoothley but when I flew this morning it was down on power. Help

Thanks Bob
bobbucko is offline Find More Posts by bobbucko
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:20 PM
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
3,765 Posts
Opposites attract, so the magnet should be flipped assuming it stuck to an adjacent one. To test, use another magnet (it can be a very weak one) held by hand inside the removed bell. Rotate the bell to test each magnet. It should alternately push then pull. Three of either consecutively means the center magnet is reversed.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Nov 2011
34 Posts
Thanks Ron I'll check it out and see if I screwed it up.
bobbucko is offline Find More Posts by bobbucko