HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
436 Posts
Discussion
Nitroplanes Customer Service

My youngest is turning 10 years old in a few weeks and wants to purchase the Dynum SR Trainer (Cirrus) for $73. The price sounds great, but I'm hesitant to purchase due to reviews I've read about Nitroplanes customer service. Can anyone calm my fears about this company? Also, has anyone ever flown the aircraft in question? Thank you in advance for your help.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:45 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Save your money. Go to your local hobby shop for your first purchase, don't do it online. Some suggestions for first planes:

Parkzone Firebird Stratos, Parkzone Super Cub, Multiplex Easy Cub or Multiplex Easy Star. All are 3 channel and are great starters. Most importantly they are high wing and pretty easy planes to master, but still have a little kick in them. Since you WILL crash them, parts are readily available at the shops for all of these. Parts for Hobby King, Banana, and Nitro are hard to come by, and will take some time to get.

Finally, try to find a local club in your area and take the plane there to try it out. Some of the folks in clubs are pretty good in terms of helping you out, although honestly you will find those that don't want you around because you're not an AMA member or part of their club. While understandable, it's a shortsighted view.

Anyway, have fun and look into joining a club if you can.

Stay away from the mail order stuff for now. All of the companies have their place, and once you know how to build or fix and mix match parts etc, they will come in handy.

Oh, and have fun, this is what this hobby is all about.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
436 Posts
I guess I should have clarified that this isn't our first plane. We also have a parkzone t-28, kadet seniorita and two micros. We also belong to our local rc club. My son is wanting a plane off the nitroplanes website and I hate to see him spend his birthday money on junk..
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:57 AM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
I would stick with the name brand stuff for now. What kind of quality do you think you will get for $73.00? I wouldn't be concerned with the customer service of the company, I'd be more concerned about the quality of the item.

The new easystar kit looks nice, they finally put ailerons in, and the prop folds. That is a great plane (HK Bixler, and Banana Hobby Sky Surfer, and Nitro Plans Wild Hawk) are all similar.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Feb 2011
90 Posts
Definitly stick with a better company. Nitroplanes planes are incomplete and by time you pay that 28.00 dollars shipping your not to far from the quality plane thats a bit more. Customer Service there is none on Nitroplanes the only english word they know is Backorder which roughly translated means you wont get your parts.
hoguej115 is offline Find More Posts by hoguej115
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:44 AM
Air Crash Expert
Louisiana
Joined Oct 2005
1,176 Posts
rcflyinff you are in violation of forum conduct rules...by using the term "customer service" in the same sentence with "Nitroplanes" !

You will not be disciplined however, due to the truth in your statements.
sawman is offline Find More Posts by sawman
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:24 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
436 Posts
Well I have to say that we did go through with our purchase from Nitroplanes and the plane arrived nicely packedged, nothing broken and all hardware included. I'm impressed after much concern. The only thing that confused me is that it came with a 950kv motor when it advertised a 1100kv. Although not a huge concern on my part, I've contacted Nitoplanes with this issue and I am waiting a reply. If it seems to lack power, I will purchase a new motor through headsuprc.com and have this motor for another foamie. All of the items fit very good and overall I am impressed with this model. Sorry guys, I can't bash them for this one
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:01 PM
United States, CO, Arvada
Joined Nov 2010
690 Posts
You've spun the revolver and got lucky, count yourself blessed as the rest of us haven't heen so.
cherokeenut is online now Find More Posts by cherokeenut
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
I purchased this plane a month ago. Like rcflyinff, I received a 950 instead of an 1100. Sent in a ticket, no response. However, I did receive a new wing when info that they gave me turned out to be the wrong thing. They sent me a new wing almost overnight. California to Nueve York. Not bad. Customer service really is hit or miss. And as for replacement parts? Good luck.

As for the plane, I really like it. Added flaps. Flies real fine. Will be adding lights and maybe doing a Polish paint job. Red, orange, et al.
Chris109 is offline Find More Posts by Chris109
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
436 Posts
Hey Chris109, how do you plan on doing the lights? Will they be on a switch or remotely activated? I'm interested, let me know. Thanks....
Old Oct 02, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
rcflyinff, as soon as I do it, I'll let you know. I added lights to the Grand Cruiser. Looks good. Especially when I'm trying to find it in the dark after crashing it.
Chris109 is offline Find More Posts by Chris109