HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
There might be a difference in version (different tail motor mount, newer pcb...), but it is essentially the same heli in both packages, all BNF v911 should bind to any standard V911 TX, and accept all standard V911 batteries
Cool, thanks for that.
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:42 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dombokfelett View Post
usualy I wait about 1-2 hours between flight and recharge, but thanks the idea. Maybe it is some kind of motor problem or so
that was the case for me. Suddenly my flying times were halved and the upward thrust wasn't good. Thought it was the batteries at first also.

Remove the motor from the frame and spin it and listen closely if you can hear anything odd. Mine had a very slight chirping noise when you spun it one direction.
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Apr 10, 2012, 08:52 AM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,114 Posts
Thing i noticed with the batteries when using a proper charger was the capacity put back in.

Batteries were at 3.75 volts prior to charge so not fully empty.

The 120mAh took 122mA and the 130mAh took 134ma, i guess the batteries capacitys are actually greater than they are markd up as which is a bonus.

As an Example some other Nine Eagle 1 cells i have 150mAh take 130 to 140 for full charge,
2200mAh 3 cells usually take 1800 to 2000 depending on starting capacity after flight, different makes i use in Multiplex FunCub etc..
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:06 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter186 View Post
I'm in Albany NY, so it should be a pretty short delivery. USPS Priority tracking shows that the package was accepted yesterday, and I'm guessing it'll get here today or tomorrow.
Just ordered a red one from y'all got express shipping. I'm in Maryland.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 10, 2012, 09:17 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_novice View Post
Hi Guys, silly question so i apologise in advance, but i haven't been able to find the answer to the following: what is the difference between the BNF and RTF versions of the v911 besides the obvious of one comes with a TX? Is there any other differences or are they the exact same heli?
Bare BNF does not come with batteries, charger, spare blades nor manual. It is usually shipped with whatever packing the seller wants to use. It should work with the TX you already have.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derehu1234 View Post
personally I think the best place to get v911s is http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...ain-blade.html and PICK HK POST!!! It is confirmed that they have 130 mAh batteries, and fast shipping too!!

Ah, i ask the Firecabbage, no 130mah battery.
But the new package is very cool. it package 2BNF.Nice! I place a order.
FCMan is offline Find More Posts by FCMan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Has anybody done the cnc swashplate mod if so how does it fly
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:36 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMan View Post
Rucky you.. 'ring 'o fire cabbage' seems kinda pricey.
Then you get to pay even more for shipping as well? Double bonus:-)
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
518 Posts
I hate UPS I paid $22.00 for parts, and $19.00 for UPS shipping because it was the cheaper way offered. Well the UPS guy turned up today with my parts and I have to pay them another $22.65.

Even though I liked dealing with the store I bought from I wont be buying from them again just because of UPS raping people for more money than quoted
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:59 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCMan View Post
And you get a free spam sandwich with every order.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:06 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
Rucky you.. 'ring 'o fire cabbage' seems kinda pricey.
Then you get to pay even more for shipping as well? Double bonus:-)
The price is $69.99 including shipping for 2 v911's, 4 batteries, 1 transmitter, 1 charger, 1 main blade, 1 manual. Their RTF price is $44 so for $26 more you get another heli and 2 extra batteries. Seems like a decent price.

I usually buy from Aotop which is a sister company to Firecabbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
I hate UPS I paid $22.00 for parts, and $19.00 for UPS shipping because it was the cheaper way offered. Well the UPS guy turned up today with my parts and I have to pay them another $22.65.

Even though I liked dealing with the store I bought from I wont be buying from them again just because of UPS raping people for more money than quoted
Where did you buy from that has a UPS option? I also ordered that way once and learned about UPS's 'brokerage fees'. Never again.
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jun 2011
6,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Sounds like you have the switch connected to the two outer terminals of the existing potentiometer.

One switch terminal should go to the junction of the two resistors and the other switch terminal should go to the center of the existing potentiometer.

The existing potentiometer should have ONLY one connection to each of the three terminals.
I'm beyond trying to use a pot. Just trying to get transistors to work with a switch like my other V911 TX. It's not working. At this point, I have retired that TX.

Thanks for trying to help, Sir.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:25 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Where did you buy from that has a UPS option? I also ordered that way once and learned about UPS's 'brokerage fees'. Never again.
I ordered from The Heli RC Store, I liked dealing with them and will again, but I will never use the UPS option again because of UPS's hidden fees. From now on it will be USPS Express, because it cost the same or less and no hidden fees.

Once the delivery driver left I call UPS and got the brokerage fees reversed because they didn't disclose them. Still the simple fact that they tried to add them in under the covers angers me enough that I wont deal with them ever again. Hell if UPS is the only option for something I need delivered I will walk it there first
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I have retired that TX.
“Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler.”

Rip it apart and solder two 2.2K resistors.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 10, 2012, 12:51 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Well my v911 is in the us

Processed Through Sort Facility
April 10, 2012, 2:34 am
ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) 
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x