HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2011, 02:49 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Discussion
700s???

Ok so I am a FHH Chaos 600E owner. Purchased it about a month ago and just about to wrap up my build, just waiting for a lipo and charger for my maiden.

That said, I know the Chaos 700E is just about to hit their website and I want it...bottom line, I need it...I just got a thing for a big electric heli. So, I went with the Chaos brand to start with because of the super customer service @ RCA. I mean hands down, you won't find another place like RCA when it comes to customer service. But the other reason was that I didn't want to spend the high $ for the Trex kits. Not putting Align down, they have ofcause excellent quality products but that comes with a price also and with the quality of the Chaos being right up there, it was a no brainer for me.

So...here's the big question, I just learned that Avant Aurora 90 also offers a 700 size electric heli and to be honest...their kit is very interesting to say the least (in a very good way ofcause). I mean their design is different from the Chaos and Trex which makes it interesting. If you don't know much about them just google it and you'll see the key features I am talking about.

If you have to pick one....what would be your choice and why? Now remember consider all things including price, customer service (if something was to go wrong), technology, style, quality, parts availability and compatibility.

I found this video to show just what the Avant Aurora 90E can do. Now you wont need to see the Trex cause you already know what the Trex can do and you probably won't need to see the Chaos either because it's a clone of the same quality of the Trex.

Jason Bell Dodging The Asphalt with his Avant Aurora Electric Radio Control Helicopter (4 min 23 sec)
Dr. Evil is offline Find More Posts by Dr. Evil
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2011, 03:32 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Comparing the Aurora 90E to the Align 700E is like comparing a Honda to a Mercedes. You'd to compare it to the ENV, Kasama Srimok 90E, the Jr Vibe 90SG E12, the Henselet Rigid, etc. These helis are top of the class.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Apr 03, 2011, 06:39 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Comparing the Aurora 90E to the Align 700E is like comparing a Honda to a Mercedes. You'd to compare it to the ENV, Kasama Srimok 90E, the Jr Vibe 90SG E12, the Henselet Rigid, etc. These helis are top of the class.
WOW...OK, you've opened my eyes. I never knew there were so many other choices. I just think you've made my decision even harder now, thats no help...LOL
Old Apr 03, 2011, 08:15 PM
What is a plank?
Kingfisher, OK
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
WOW...OK, you've opened my eyes. I never knew there were so many other choices. I just think you've made my decision even harder now, thats no help...LOL
Doc, Buy and fly what u can aford. I like the 600 size, Not going to break the bank and they fly dang good.
Now on the 700s, Align is great, parts well supported and prices not realy to bad. The other ones, I dont know.
You have to look at the price of parts and where u can get them, another thing is like you have said is product support. Take it all in and sift through it and see what you come up with.
Me, I would go with the Align or a quality clone of the 700s, and why parts easy to find and not that pricey..
Thats my 2sents worth.
Barry
mainblades is offline Find More Posts by mainblades
Old Apr 03, 2011, 08:18 PM
What is a plank?
Kingfisher, OK
Joined Jul 2006
225 Posts
Oh Doc,
Another thing, What do ppl fly around where u live. Thats another thing. Fly what they fly. Clone or other wise. That way u have help there..
Barry
mainblades is offline Find More Posts by mainblades
Old Apr 03, 2011, 09:45 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainblades View Post
Oh Doc,
Another thing, What do ppl fly around where u live. Thats another thing. Fly what they fly. Clone or other wise. That way u have help there..
Barry
Yeah, I hear ya Barry...I don't want to break the bank either but manage to pick up a 700 at some point. It's crazy, cause I havn't even got my 600 in the air yet...LOL...and I am talking about getting a 700. Thanks for the info. and sharing your thoughts. I just think I am going through my mid-life crisis...well atleast its what I tell my wife...LOL.
Old Apr 03, 2011, 09:45 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The quality of these helis is simply amazing. I owned nitro version of these helis at one time or another and they are not easy on the pocket book. Two things to keep in mind: (1) parts are not readily available at the lhs; and (2) parts are costly.

Imaging yourself at the field with the Aurora bound to a Futaba 14MZ, the boys would be drooling all over them . Btw, the 14mz can be had for $2,299.00.

To properly built these helis, you need servos that run between $150 to $200 a piece. A motor that is about $300 and the esc costing $500.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 06:52 AM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
The quality of these helis is simply amazing. I owned nitro version of these helis at one time or another and they are not easy on the pocket book. Two things to keep in mind: (1) parts are not readily available at the lhs; and (2) parts are costly.

Imaging yourself at the field with the Aurora bound to a Futaba 14MZ, the boys would be drooling all over them . Btw, the 14mz can be had for $2,299.00.

To properly built these helis, you need servos that run between $150 to $200 a piece. A motor that is about $300 and the esc costing $500.
WOW...thats insane! For those prices, they should be gold plated as well.
Old Apr 05, 2011, 09:09 AM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
I'll take picture of a gold plated Align 600 for you if the lhs still has it on display.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:37 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Well thanks to everyone's input, I believe I'll stay true to the Chaos brand as I 've mentioned before...the customer service is top notch and at the end thats what I am sold on.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 05:46 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Irvine, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2000
7,299 Posts
I have a T-Rex 700E so I can say it's the best without bias, LOL!

It's my favorite heli in the fleet. The downside is the number of 6s-5000 packs you have to haul out every time. Some video of how I wish I can fly my 700E:
Align FunFly 2010 - Victory Flight Korawich Thongsri (TH) T-Rex 700E [HD] (2 min 7 sec)

Align FunFly 2010- Victory Flight Alan Szabo jr. (US) T-Rex 700 E (4 min 7 sec)

But if you are looking for something really unique, the Kasama Srimok has some of the most interesting construction around. There is nothing typical about it, including the price.

Support is an important factor, but Ferraris and Lamborghinis don't have the best support either.
Steph280 is online now Find More Posts by Steph280
Old Apr 08, 2011, 06:14 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280 View Post
I have a T-Rex 700E so I can say it's the best without bias, LOL!

It's my favorite heli in the fleet. The downside is the number of 6s-5000 packs you have to haul out every time. Some video of how I wish I can fly my 700E:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2FBbyyu98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CYXWfn8cRI

But if you are looking for something really unique, the Kasama Srimok has some of the most interesting construction around. There is nothing typical about it, including the price.

Support is an important factor, but Ferraris and Lamborghinis don't have the best support either.

LOL, if I could afford a Ferrari I wouldn't need any support cause I would have my own mechanic
Old Apr 08, 2011, 06:33 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,624 Posts
Now, if you really want to get serious, check out Vario turbines. http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/...ducts_id=39045 or Bergen helicopters, http://www.bergenrc.com/ .
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Last edited by norcalheli; Apr 08, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:04 PM
Just trying to fly...
NC
Joined Jan 2011
1,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalheli View Post
Now, if you really want to get serious, check out Vario turbines. http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/...ducts_id=39045 or Bergen helicopters, http://www.bergenrc.com/ .
LOL, now look what you started....I just saw this on their website.....

OMG....over $8K for a heli.????

http://us.vario-helicopter.biz/shop/...ducts_id=38592
Old Apr 08, 2011, 07:48 PM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,422 Posts
Oh Doc, what are you getting yourself into.....
CSpaced is online now Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member