New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2015, 03:26 PM
Find More Posts by sorenlaf
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Jul 2008
31 Posts
Discussion
DX6 question

Has anyone used a DX6 (not a DX6I) with a 2m glider? Specked it out? Get it back?

Everything I'm reading is that the DX6 is a park flyer radio, but I'm not getting any hard information. For example, does is transmit with less power, or is the issue just the single channel, no redundancy, aspect?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm setting up a glider for a newbie friend, and can get a free DX6. The alternative is one of the many FM radios, like a T6XA, that I have lying around. Yes, could convert one to 2.4, but that's another $30 or so.
sorenlaf is offline Find More Posts by sorenlaf
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:42 PM
Find More Posts by rdwoebke
I'm all about that bass
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Feb 2004
16,102 Posts
Which DX6?

Ryan
rdwoebke is offline Find More Posts by rdwoebke
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:18 AM
Find More Posts by mlee8249
Fly R/C writer
Redlands, Ca
Joined Dec 2004
2,058 Posts
The current DX6 Gen II is a full range transmitter. I have my DLG's on mine and speck out often. No problem.

Mike Lee
Fly R/C Magazine
mlee8249 is offline Find More Posts by mlee8249
Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM
Find More Posts by Andrew Smith
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Jul 2007
144 Posts
Spektrum's very first Air transmitter was the original DX6 using DSM1 and was only designed for park flying. As noted above the newly released DX6 G2 using DSMX is a full range radio.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Smith
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM
Find More Posts by bredler
United States, PA, Pitts
Joined Jan 2015
2 Posts
Yes!

I specked my Radian out with that transmitter last weekend. Never lost control.

In my second thermal ever, 43 minute flight and what looked like over 1000' elevation (still need an altimeter). I lost it visually a couple times against the sky and had to nudge it back into what I thought was the direction of a cloud to get some contrast when it flew in front of the cloud. I could have kept going higher and longer but was a bit nervous so I took it down to a manageable height and hunted for another thermal but the lift had broken up down low so late in the day.

Don't worry about the DX6 with a good receiver. You're fine.
bredler is offline Find More Posts by bredler