SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:05 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2013
428 Posts
Discussion
v939 took a hit, now spins wildly

I crashed my v939 based hybrid hard enough to crack the frame. I repaired it and now the copter has no yaw self correction.

Holding it loosely in my hand, I verified that I have the motors all spinning the right way. Left tilts it left, right tilts it right. Forward and backward are also correct. Turning rudder on the controller twists the copter left and right correctly too. The motors are thrusting down, and it will take off but it just spins out of control.

Interestingly I can counteract the spinning by giving it opposite rudder but just a tiny bit too much and the copter spins the other way. When I spin up the motors and hold it in my hand and give it a twist, you know how the copter will resist and try to keep its bearing true? Well mine doesn't do that anymore.

Anybody else broken just the gyro for yaw?
SirRexAlot is offline Find More Posts by SirRexAlot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2014, 03:07 PM
Joined Jun 2013
428 Posts
Just me, huh?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:41 PM
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
I was hoping someone would have weighed in on this one. Mine is doing the exact same thing.
Jdub71 is offline Find More Posts by Jdub71
Old Aug 12, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined Jun 2013
428 Posts
My yaw gyro seemed to have been knocked out. I bought a new control board, flies fine. Luckily they are dirt cheap from banggood.