SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 03, 2014, 08:55 PM
Joined Nov 2010
8 Posts
Question
New plane suggestions??

Hey guys!

I have posted this in another thread but figured I would be more "thread specific".
: )

I am looking for ideas on a plane to get. Currently, I am being very indecisive about what I want so thats why I am here... hahah So please, spare me the hate and just stick to the point...
I am interested in something reasonably priced (somewhere in the $200 range). Ideally, I would like something that can fly fast yet be able to glide rather well . Something that has a front mounted motor (not a pusher). I have been thinking a lot about planes such as the Multiplex Blizzard, Great Planes Rifle 1M, Voodoo, etc... Has anyone had any experience with these planes or does anyone have any other suggestions?

-Dana
DanaD3X is offline Find More Posts by DanaD3X
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2014, 09:27 PM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,711 Posts
Hello Dan.

I don't know what you mean by "glide well." Speed planes such as the Rifle 1M and Voodoo glide REALLY well....they glide and glide and glide because they are so streamlined requiring longer than normal landing approaches. But gliding isn't their primary purpose - it's speed.

But maybe by "glide well" you meant something that has a better L over D (lift over drag) intended more for actual gliding/soaring.

I would start by reading the comprehensive threads on the models you mentioned.

Tim
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2014, 09:30 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,651 Posts
not much you can get for 200.00.
what is fast for you 100mph 120,130, ect ect . . so its better to be specific as to what type of performance you want .

the rifle 1m alone is around 160. start adding up the parts its going to be will with in the 300.range , good luck finding one ,there always on back order ,
in my opinion the blizzard , does not count as a high performance . the wings will fold at speeds over 120mph , I reinforced mine as much as I could and it still fluttered at speed around 100mph . its more of a sport glider than anything else , I had a bixler that I modded out (reinforced) that was faster and better than the blizzard .

I fly cheap foam planes that are hi performance , some go over 150mph. and even those foamies cost me over 200.00 to get the performance I wanted .as of right now I have been saving to get a jolt with enough goodies to get me to speed around 160+mph and my total bill is around 500.00 + dollars .I amy be wrong but I don't belive there is anything out there under 200.00 that will give you what you want .unless you use super cheap parts like, hxt servos and a turnigy motor.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN