HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2014, 02:14 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
New Product
E-Flite UMX F4U Corsair BNF w/ AS3X

another new UMX warbird looks ok but i personally would just love to see a warbird with a brushless motor

A bold scale RC plane, the E-Flite UMX Corsair comes with AS3X technology.
Features
AS3X technology for great handling
Comes with a Spektrum DSM2/DSMX receiver/ESC/Servo/AS3X unit
Equipped with a new high-performance 3-blade propeller
Spektrum offset aileron servos
Powered by an 8.5mm brushed motor
Landing gear is removable
Steerable tail wheel
Accurate paint scheme
Decal sets for Corsair aces Greggory "Pappy" Boyington and Ira "Ike" Kepford included
Comes with a 1S 150mAh 25C LiPo battery
1-cell DC LiPo charger included in the box
The original F4U Corsair was one of the fastest planes in World War II, reaching speeds of 600km/h. Now E-Flite have captured the spirit of this renowned fighter in an ultra-micro RC plane. The E-Flite Corsair comes with Artificial Stabilisation Three Axis (AS3X) technology that will smooth out forces such as P-Factor, turbulence and torque; making you feel like you are flying a larger-scale model. AS3X is so smooth, you will hardly notice it working. The control response and throws will be as sharp as always. The Corsair RC plane comes with great scale detail such as an accurate paint scheme, clear canopy and moulded panel lines. Additionally, E-Flite have included decal options so you can finish your model like the Corsairs flown by Gregory "Pappy" Boyington or Ira "Ike" Kepford.

This remote control plane offers a new 3-bladed propeller and tailwheel steering to give you excellent handling in the air and on the ground If you would prefer, the landing gear can be easily removed). Each aileron comes with a Spektrum performance linear long throw offset servo to give you precise control when you perform roll maneuvers. Please note that this model comes as a Bind-N-Fly, so you will need to supply your own transmitter. Please refer to the “What You Need” section for more details. The E-Flite UMX Corsair is a great scale plane that offers stellar performance. Order yours now.

BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE
The Artificial Stability - 3 aXis (AS3X®) system built into this UMX Corsair works behind the scenes to counter the effects of forces like P-factor, turbulence and torque using 3-axis sensing and exclusive flight control software. Best of all, it feels completely natural. There is no delay in control response or limits on the control throws. You’ll simply feel like you’re flying an expertly-tuned, giant-scale model that’s incredibly stable at every speed.

BIG ON DETAIL
Scale detail like an authentic paint scheme, clear canopy and molded panel lines make this ultra micro easy to appreciate. Decals are provided to finish your model as either the ace Corsair flown by Gregory "Pappy" Boyington or Ira "Ike" Kepford.

POWER AND CONTROL
This UMX™ F4U Corsair comes with a new high-performance 3-bladed prop and tailwheel steering for great handling in the air and on the ground. You can even remove the landing gear for a more realistic look in flight.

NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
You can have this Ready-to-Fly version up in the time it takes to charge the flight battery. Even the AA batteries required for the DC charger and 4-channel transmitter are included.

BUILT TO VICTORY ROLL
Each aileron features a Spektrum™ performance linear long throw offset servo for precise control that makes roll maneuvers as axial as possible.

Manual: http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Fi...-Manual_EN.pdf

Wingspan15.9 in (405mm)
Overall Length12.8 in (326mm)
Wing Area49 sq in (3.16 sq dm)
Flying Weight1.6 oz (44 g)
Motor Size8.5mm Coreless Brushed Motor
Radio4+ Channel DSM2/DSMX
Transmitter Required
Servos(2) SA2030L with the Rx, (2) SA2030LO on ailerons (included)
CG (center of gravity)28mm back from leading edge of the wing at the root
Prop Size112 x 90mm, 3-Blade Propeller
Recommended Battery150mAh 1S 3.7V Li-Po Battery (Included)
AileronYesElevatorYes
RudderYesThrottleYes
FlapsNo
Retracts Removable Landing Gear
ScaleUltra Micro Charger3.7V Li-Po
Charger (Included)
SteeringYes
Experience LevelIntermediate
Recommended EnvironmentIndoor/Outdoor
Is Assembly RequiredNo
BrandE-Flite

ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; May 22, 2014 at 03:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2014, 05:03 AM
Intermediate rc plane pilot
Joined Aug 2011
65 Posts
Looks great, but why brushed? I thought it was Parkzones job to do UM brushed warbirds.
Pimpbaa is offline Find More Posts by Pimpbaa
Old May 22, 2014, 05:29 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
320 Posts
Agree, thats the old UM with AS3X
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old May 22, 2014, 07:19 AM
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
When this was discontinued, I was hoping they'd re-release it with AS3X, a brushless motor, non-undercambered wings, and really upgrade it.

This may be an improved version, but I'm likely out. Although it is underpowered, my V1 of this plane still flies fine...in calm no-wind conditions.

Tom

PS: Wonder if this one's newly-designed prop would add thrust/power to my old V1? Hmmmmm...might have to give that a try!
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
Last edited by shepflyr; May 22, 2014 at 08:27 AM.
Old May 22, 2014, 09:09 AM
USA, NJ, Red Bank
Joined Sep 2010
220 Posts
These smaller UM's as they are called are interesting but, does the marketing dept. really see that much of a target market for them?.......Are the intentions for parents to see them compact and cheap enough for their kids to mess with a few times, bust them up and in the trash can they go?.....I'm not knocking anything......I'm just curious how the numbers crunch to tool up and make them with a profit at the other end. .......Steve
eggsplurt is offline Find More Posts by eggsplurt
Old May 22, 2014, 09:50 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
Love the Corsair but, I already have a brushed P-40 and like it. I'm not trying to collect planes. If this would have been brushless 1s or 2s I'd be in.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old May 22, 2014, 10:03 AM
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Keystone State, USA
Joined Jun 2007
1,140 Posts
Great looking model and it will be a nice step up for someone learing, etc. (Maybe that is who they are trying to target?)

But also not interested. My 1S P-51 with AS3X pretty much lives in the box
Elisecat is offline Find More Posts by Elisecat
Old May 22, 2014, 10:07 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,158 Posts
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old May 22, 2014, 11:28 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,636 Posts
Shame for the brushed motor, i had one of the originals and put the "Beast" power system in it and it was awesome.
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Old May 22, 2014, 12:11 PM
Still Flying
United States, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Mar 2013
142 Posts
No Pilot?

I can't believe that HH has another "scale" airplane with no pilot in the cockpit. It's just wrong.

My P51 looks so nice on a flyby with the pilot bust under the canopy.

It also looks like it has the P51 20mm long motor and is not upgraded to the 23mm motor used in the AS3Xtra and MSRX.

I will pass on this one.
OldRCNut is offline Find More Posts by OldRCNut
Old May 22, 2014, 12:15 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,480 Posts
are they releasing this just to find a place for the electronics from the discontinued um spitty? i think Chuck's first line says it all.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 22, 2014, 02:40 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
United States, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Jun 2012
435 Posts
Not sure if I like the ailerons being on the wing like that. I alway belly land my 1S UM planes.
stitch1 is online now Find More Posts by stitch1
Old May 22, 2014, 03:09 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,480 Posts
if you're on grass, you're good. if there are any mud or stones on your field, good luck. my field is a mix of grass and stones with a little mud. umx mig did ok since it was mid-wing. GP sabre got torn up due to low-wing. control horns are the first to take the hit.

although, the gull wing should help on this plane.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 22, 2014, 05:52 PM
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1 View Post
Not sure if I like the ailerons being on the wing like that. I always belly land my 1S UM planes.
Do you mean aileron servos? Not sure where else the ailerons would be.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Old May 22, 2014, 06:18 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
United States, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Jun 2012
435 Posts
Haha good call. Yes, the servos.
stitch1 is online now Find More Posts by stitch1