HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:26 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
worked for me with win7. installed as admin, ran as admin.
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:36 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tware View Post
worked for me with win7. installed as admin, ran as admin.
Thanks, but Im trying to do it on my PC where I have the only profile which is the admin account.
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:52 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
as did I.. and it only worked when I right clicked and ran as admin. it allows the entire process to install. Sort of common when installing a device driver package... you accept for the program to run, but that doesn't explicitly allow the device to install. Run as admin should allow the entire process. You may need to go in to device manager and delete the inop device before it will correctly install.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:30 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,516 Posts
I cracked da code

Quote:
as did I.. and it only worked when I right clicked and ran as admin. it allows the entire process to install. Sort of common when installing a device driver package... you accept for the program to run, but that doesn't explicitly allow the device to install. Run as admin should allow the entire process. You may need to go in to device manager and delete the inop device before it will correctly install.
Thanks, you pointed me in the right direction, but this alone didnt work.

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it by right clicking and opening as admin, but it still wasnt auto detecting.

So I went to the 'control panel', then 'hardware' and right clicked the USB logo and clicked 'properties'

Now in the 'properties' menu I went to the hardware tab and clicked 'properties'

On the next page I clicked 'change settings' which brought me to another pop up.

In this new pop up I clicked on the 'driver' tab and navigated to 'update driver' which brought me to yet another pop up with 2 options: automatic driver software search or manual driver search.

As expected the auto search yielded no results, so I clicked on manual search and went for the downloaded driver software from the Spektrum site. However this didnt work either.

Determined not to fail I went for a smoke and an inaugural beard scratch

Once refreshed and relaxed I went to 'my computer' / C drive / program files / 'installshield installation information'. Much to my dismay there were one hundred billion million folders all named with alpha numeric codes.

Puzzled, I went for another smoke and cracked a beer The sweet amber nectar soon brought me back to my senses.

Once back at the computer I figured out how to sort out the folders by todays date only, and what do you know there were only 2

Now I had to figure out which was which because you apparently need to install the drivers in sequence (XP then Vista). By opening the folders and clicking on the word pad file named 'setup' I soon found the info I was after.

At this point a victory smoke was on the cards

On the final straight I navigated back to the update driver manual search: my computer/C drive/program files/installshield installation information/{EEC010D0-1252-4E1D-BAD9-F1B8F414535C} (For XP)

And then I did the same thing for the Vista drivers: my computer/C drive/program files/installshield installation information/{ECC3713C-08A4-40E3-95F1-7D0704F1CE5E}

Everything was looking good but when I opened 'gyrodel2007' still nothing happened

Sculled the first beer, cracked me second and went for another smoke

When I was outside taking in the fresh air I had a moment of clarity and remembered to open 'gyrodel2007' as the admin.

drum roll please

It worked HOORAY
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:54 PM
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
if you have a failed install, you have that adventure you went through. I had read about people having trouble, so I started right off with run as admin. Still though, it's hit or miss and not a very good install routine.

worth noting, if you do connect but the brick wont take commands, make sure you dont have servo reversing set on the TX. I did, took me forever to figure that one out.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:12 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,516 Posts
Quote:
if you have a failed install, you have that adventure you went through. I had read about people having trouble, so I started right off with run as admin. Still though, it's hit or miss and not a very good install routine.

worth noting, if you do connect but the brick wont take commands, make sure you dont have servo reversing set on the TX. I did, took me forever to figure that one out.
I guess it comes down to the computer its self whether it will run flawlessly or not, ie latest updates, versions etc.

The drivers just wouldnt stick to the coms port in my case, so I had to manually nail the bastards on

...And then I had to open the program as admin to boot.

HH should really update their software to make this process more streamlined. You definitely need a back ground in computers to work it all out, it not user friendly at all
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:33 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,516 Posts
Ok I tested out the new settings today, but there is no AS3X anymore

Everything else works fine though.

Arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! īThis is a nightmare

Are there any tips for this scenario?

Also whenever I open a model setup I get this error message (the number varies depending on which setup I choose):

Is this error normal?

EDIT: I got my AS3X to function again. Because Im in germany on a german computer the region was set to germany, duh! In the german numerical system they use ',' instead of '.', this somehow corrupted the model config files, so I had to change the region to Australia where full stops are full stops and commas are commas. After reprogramming it under the australian region the AS3X now works again.

This is actually handy to know if you want to turn the AS3X off. I have seen many people ask if you can turn it off to which the answers were a resounding NO!

BUT.... If you change your region to Germany (Control panel / region and language) and attempt to program your receiver it will remove the AS3X functionality. Then to restore it you simply change your region back to where you actually come from and reprogram it again.
Last edited by valiantGLX; Jan 30, 2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:16 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
EDIT: I got my AS3X to function again. Because Im in germany on a german computer the region was set to germany, duh! In the german numerical system they use ',' instead of '.', this somehow corrupted the model config files, so I had to change the region to Australia where full stops are full stops and commas are commas. After reprogramming it under the australian region the AS3X now works again.

This is actually handy to know if you want to turn the AS3X off. I have seen many people ask if you can turn it off to which the answers were a resounding NO!

BUT.... If you change your region to Germany (Control panel / region and language) and attempt to program your receiver it will remove the AS3X functionality. Then to restore it you simply change your region back to where you actually come from and reprogram it again.
In Germany, not only is ',' used where '.' is used in the US, the opposite is also true: where a "," is placed in US, a "." is used in Germany.
And I should mention that besides Germany, there are also other places in the world where ',' and '.' are "switched" in their meaning relative to usage in the US. I was once helping to edit some text for an international audience and ran into this problem.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:13 PM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
In Germany, not only is ',' used where '.' is used in the US, the opposite is also true: where a "," is placed in US, a "." is used in Germany.
And I should mention that besides Germany, there are also other places in the world where ',' and '.' are "switched" in their meaning relative to usage in the US. I was once helping to edit some text for an international audience and ran into this problem.
+1 for Italy and France
I had the same issue, but I didn'continue.
I'd like to try after editing the file changing "." with "," and viceversa.
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:01 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
Yesterday I had the maiden flight with my umx Beast. Using 350mah 2s I was able to get 10-12 min flights. What a great flyer and without a doubt has the greatest flight envelope of any plane I've ever flown. From high alpha slow flying into 10 mph winds at walking speed to full throttle acrobatics. Being nervous I started out with 70% full/ 50% low rate. After first flight I increased those to 100% full/70% low and was amassed how I could fly her without any hint of over control. I use 20 expo on the ailerons for both high /low to reduce control cross 'talk'.

It's now one of my 'go to' planes for any locale.
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:06 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,376 Posts
I can't WAIT to get mine (beast 3d). Feb 12 est delivery. CMON CHRISTMAS UPS MAN
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:22 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
You don't say, have you seen where I'm from

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
Yesterday I had the maiden flight with my umx Beast. Using 350mah 2s I was able to get 10-12 min flights. What a great flyer and without a doubt has the greatest flight envelope of any plane I've ever flown. From high alpha slow flying into 10 mph winds at walking speed to full throttle acrobatics. Being nervous I started out with 70% full/ 50% low rate. After first flight I increased those to 100% full/70% low and was amassed how I could fly her without any hint of over control. I use 20 expo on the ailerons for both high /low to reduce control cross 'talk'.

It's now one of my 'go to' planes for any locale.
How far back did you place the battery, and where does your CG sit? I tried with a 260mah but struggled to achieve a good CG (19% as per manual)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:49 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
You don't say, have you seen where I'm from
I weiss dass Sie wissen ,
but I just wanted to let other people know about the complete swap of the meaning of ',' and '.' relative to US usage.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:46 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Guys,

FYI - there are two dedicated threads for the Beast. You'll get a lot more participation if you post your Beast-related info there.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294197

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1525116

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:50 PM
Nuvolera (Italy)
Joined Jul 2007
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by egicar View Post
+1 for Italy and France
I had the same issue, but I didn'continue.
I'd like to try after editing the file changing "." with "," and viceversa.
I don't see "." or "," in the model configuration files ...
I will try to change region (from Italy to U.S.A.) in the control panel.
Actually, I have every time the same error "0.8 is not ... etc.", both with my Windows 7 PC and my XP laptop.
Maybe Spektrum should consoider an european verion of this software ...
egicar is offline Find More Posts by egicar