http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16285

Specification:
Material: EPO
Wing Span: 555mm
Length: 480mm
Flying Weight: 175g
Motor: 1826 Brushless outrunner 2600kv
ESC: 6A w/BEC
Battery: 7.4v 500mAh 2S1P (Not included)
Servos: 1 x 8g, 2 x speed micro
4 Channel

Required.
4ch Tx & Rx
500mAh 2s Lipoly Battery
Cheetah401 is offline Find More Posts by Cheetah401
Last edited by Cheetah401; Apr 16, 2011 at 11:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:39 PM
Playtoy
Mtl, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
199 Posts
4Ch Micro Cessna out of box (2 min 59 sec)

4Ch Micro Cessna Maiden Flight (4 min 0 sec)
Old Apr 17, 2011, 03:07 PM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
Looks like a nice deal just like the Dolphin. Would really like to have a better look at the space you have to put your rx/battery 'cause from afar it all looks a bit cramped. The little side door on this cessna is funny, but all in all it doesn't look so scale to me. I'd like to see a modern style pylon-racer airframe from these guys as a plug-n-fly kit.
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Old Apr 17, 2011, 03:29 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Can I use my Champ's transmitter with this? Sorry if this is a noob question, only been 2-3 days in the hobby
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:19 PM
Playtoy
Mtl, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut View Post
Can I use my Champ's transmitter with this? Sorry if this is a noob question, only been 2-3 days in the hobby

1 ) Keep in mind that champ transmitter does not have any model memory. It's only good for one plane at a time. So when you wanna fly any one of your plane ( champ or cessna ) you will need to adjust the trims and rebind it to transmitter and this is not a good idea.

2 ) If you are not flying your champ anymore and have the transmitter just laying around then Yes you can use your champ transmitter with it. You also need a dsm2 spektrum compatible receiver with it. Hobbyking also sells these for about 8$

3 ) This plane is powered by 2 cell lipo. So you also need a 2 cell battery charger with it. You can not use the battery charger that came with Champ because it's only for one cell lipo.

cheers !
Last edited by Cheetah401; Apr 17, 2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
Playtoy
Mtl, Canada
Joined Aug 2007
199 Posts
OOOPs . Double posted .
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:03 PM
Future Pilot
Canada
Joined Apr 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetah401 View Post
1 ) Keep in mind that champ transmitter does not have any model memory. It's only good for one plane at a time. So when you wanna fly any one of your plane ( champ or cessna ) you will need to adjust the trims and rebind it to transmitter and this is not a good idea.

2 ) If you are not flying your champ anymore and have the transmitter just laying around then Yes you can use your champ transmitter with it. You also need a dsm2 spektrum compatible receiver with it. Hobbyking also sells these for about 8$

3 ) This plane is powered by 2 cell lipo. So you also need a 2 cell battery charger with it. You can not use the battery charger that came with Champ because it's only for one cell lipo.

cheers !
Thank you!
astronaut is offline Find More Posts by astronaut
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:40 PM
I love HAM
Joined Nov 2005
725 Posts
The guy in the video recommended to put in some expo. This is something you will find only on a bit more advanced - programmable - transmitters.
Schermvlieger is offline Find More Posts by Schermvlieger
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:46 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schermvlieger View Post
Looks like a nice deal just like the Dolphin. Would really like to have a better look at the space you have to put your rx/battery 'cause from afar it all looks a bit cramped. The little side door on this cessna is funny, but all in all it doesn't look so scale to me. I'd like to see a modern style pylon-racer airframe from these guys as a plug-n-fly kit.
I got the ELE RC micro cessna and D17 biplane from HK recently. The D17 has a little door on the bottom. All it is is a square piece of foam cut out with a piece of tape acting as a hinge. I just removed it completely.

As far as space goes, it's so crammed that you really have to have the battery in mind when you build the thing. Put the servos to far forward and there's no room for the tiny battery. Watch out for the 5A ESC and wiring too. The battery on this one looks about the same size as the batteries I got for mine.

SB
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:11 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,215 Posts
Quote:

This is what I thought at first, but as it turns out the champ Tx is a very capable radio. I use the stock Champ Tx to control a Champ, a UM P51, a Slow Stick, 2 HBZ Mini Super Cubs, 3 HobbyKing micros, a Flyzone Playmate (with a Champ brick installed), a T-34 Mentor, and a GWS E-starter. All without rebinding or re-trimming.

3 planes use PZ bricks and the rest use DSM2 compatible receivers.

Of course, I had to bind each receiver to the Champ Tx the first time. After that every receiver remembers the Tx and does not have to be bound again. It's true that the Tx doesn't remember the plane ("Model Memory") but it doesn't have to. I've accidentally had 2 planes on at once and both responded to the Champ Tx stick movement simultaneously.

To avoid having to re-trim each plane at every flight takes some patience. I have a lot of patience and enjoy making minute changes to the trim by hand. When flying the planes I take note of any necessary trim changes and make them later. Some can be made on the spot (the Champ has the curve in the pushrods to adjust trim, the Mini super Cub has thumb screws on the control horns for quick adjustments).

If you do a lot of the trim work by hand there isn't that much of a problem with the Champ Tx not having "Model Memory", especially if you don't have to bind the Tx - Rx each time.

Quote:
I noticed last week that the $8 Rxs are gone from the product page. The OrangRx is still listed but not the ones I wanted. Target Hobby still has the blue Mx DSM2 compatible receiver for < $5. I've got at least 10 of those and they work great with my Champ Tx too.

SB
GooberSB is offline Find More Posts by GooberSB