Yes I do, Thank You

I have a Howlin' Wolf 78.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 17, 2011, 08:52 AM
United States, PA, Union
Joined Sep 2007
202 Posts
not bad for old guys..
Ride the lightning [Live Mexico City DVD 2009] (6 min 41 sec)
curly56 is offline Find More Posts by curly56
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:04 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Falling Down by Birthday Massacre.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
USA, MO, O'Fallon
Joined Dec 2003
2,077 Posts
3744 James Road - Groundhogs (7 min 21 sec)
martimer is offline Find More Posts by martimer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:11 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,452 Posts
I listen to Pandora at work. I just finished hearing the song "Long Train Runnin' " by The Doobie Brothers. Next one up "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:22 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
I listen to Pandora at work. I just finished hearing the song "Long Train Runnin' " by The Doobie Brothers. Next one up "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues.
When my XM service runs out, I'm not renewing it. I listen to Pandora almost exclusively in my shop, all day long.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:49 PM
Joined Dec 2009
52 Posts
No Led Zeppelin? Upsetting.
Led Zeppelin - Bring It On Home (8 min 3 sec)
hark is offline Find More Posts by hark
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:10 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,258 Posts
>>> This site http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/c....html?ep_id=43
2nd song down,(on play list) "Cab Driver"...
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Jan 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
Against it with you
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Hey, thanks Sprydle, I looked on her website and didn't see it listed. Interesting, as I was watching the Austin vid, it looked like some strings were missing:
So, it didn't sound like a double string.

My son was hankering for one of these, he went to see his mom in California, and I think it was in SF they went into a music store, $1800, she was about to buy it for him, a moment of great weakness for her, powered by not seeing him for quite some time, he recognized this and wouldn't let her. He is a good boy.

This though, seems like something we could experiment with making. You can buy a decent guitar cheaper than you can make one, but this price point might make this worth while, of course the arched top would not be on the menu for the first one or two, but I have seen a lot of experimental designs for violins and cellos with flat tops. He said they are tuned just like a Cello.

Thanks for researching that for me. I had no idea that was the same thing he had been telling her about. We built a Cajon in December, very easy, just a box drum, and I and he had a lot of fun doing it. We will have to see if this is something we are ready to tackle. I have been researching building instruments, and have some ideas, was going to start with Ukes, but, we will see if some of the materials I bought are large enough to go this route.

Thanks again,
You're very welcome. If you ever do build one, it would make a great LTUP build-thread!
Sprydle is offline Find More Posts by Sprydle
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:45 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle View Post
You're very welcome. If you ever do build one, it would make a great LTUP build-thread!
I am baffled as to why my son and I didn't document the cajon build. Likely build another, but talked to him last night about the mandocello. It isn't like between us we don't have enough cameras and such. He went to Guitar Center, I think it was, and tried their cajons, ours is better, of course, . He says ours is louder and deeper sound, and feels more sturdy, so seems like bigger and heavier is better in this case.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jan 18, 2011, 03:53 PM
Against it with you
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
I am baffled as to why my son and I didn't document the cajon build. Likely build another, but talked to him last night about the mandocello. It isn't like between us we don't have enough cameras and such. He went to Guitar Center, I think it was, and tried their cajons, ours is better, of course, . He says ours is louder and deeper sound, and feels more sturdy, so seems like bigger and heavier is better in this case.
Yours is probably better built too! It'd be great if you could share some pictures of it - and of course on the forthcoming Mandocello build
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:07 PM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
683 Posts
George Strait and the Ace in the Hole Band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynVlQSibCJA

George Strait - Big Balls In Cowtown - 1996 Houston Rodeo (2 min 55 sec)

George Strait - Milkcow Blues - 1996 Houston Rodeo (5 min 27 sec)
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle View Post
Yours is probably better built too! It'd be great if you could share some pictures of it - and of course on the forthcoming Mandocello build
I will have to see if he has any recording of it. I was pushing him to buy one of those H2 recorders, they were on sale for $129 after Christmas, but he bought some sort of electronic thing which is likely cooler, but I'm still not sure what it does not sure what he is recording with or if he is recording. The H2 came down in price when the H4 came out, seems like a real bargain. I want one! not in the budget just now...

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodid=1916
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:27 PM
Against it with you
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
I will have to see if he has any recording of it. I was pushing him to buy one of those H2 recorders, they were on sale for $129 after Christmas, but he bought some sort of electronic thing which is likely cooler, but I'm still not sure what it does not sure what he is recording with or if he is recording. The H2 came down in price when the H4 came out, seems like a real bargain. I want one! not in the budget just now...

http://www.samsontech.com/products/p...fm?prodid=1916
Very cool - would be good to hear some recordings.

I use a rather ancient Korg ToneWorks PXR4. Think its about 9 years old, but it still works fine - used to use it to record band-practice, through the PA - works pretty well. http://www.wikizic.org/Korg-PXR4/gallery-1.htm