HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:46 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Dear lord....how long is that runway? If only I were so lucky. My last field you had to run carrier approaches to land jets without running off the end. Congrats on the maiden with a great looking plane. You close to the base? I think I need to pick my next duty location based on the RC fields near the base.
scatsob is offline Find More Posts by scatsob
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,853 Posts
thats the miramar field just east of mcas miramar in san diego. ive flown there a number of times with my buddy chris and its a awesome field!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:06 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Nut nailed it, that's Miramar, 600 feet of paved runway but I only needed about 150 feet to land, this thing lands so nice and slow when you come in with the nose high. Brent anytime you want to make a road trip let me know
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:32 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,641 Posts
Great ...i told you you would love it ...Big plane Big power =
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:48 AM
dccdmd
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2008
169 Posts
Yeah, nice work today Brian. I'll let ya know when the HondaJet makes her debut.
dccdmd is offline Find More Posts by dccdmd
Old Mar 04, 2012, 12:53 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccdmd View Post
Yeah, nice work today Brian. I'll let ya know when the HondaJet makes her debut.
Thanks again for your help Dave! Second flight was a blast, I will have her out next weekend and see what she's got looking forward to seeing your HondaJet!
Old Mar 06, 2012, 01:24 AM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Ok now that she is flight worthy it's time for some upgrades!

I upgraded my foam Dubro wheels to some nice Robart rubber.

I want to clean up the airframe a bit to increase the top speed and reduce drag for longer flights. First thing I did was make an easy to remove hatch for the wing mount area. I have also layed up some fiberglass nose gear doors. I need to let them cure, will cut to shape (going split doors), add spring loaded hinges and a simple tripwire style cord to catch the strut when gear goes up and will pull the doors closed. I will post some pics once complete.
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,641 Posts
cool stuff! i always reach in and do my wing bolts from inside the cockpit area.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:11 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,641 Posts
hey i finally got mt Norray canopy/cockpit done and installed on the plane ..they are nice parts,i put a 1/8 scale jet pilot in it looks good i'll take a pic tomarrow and post it.getting ready to fly it at Buttonwillow
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:49 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,236 Posts
Well i had a bit of a set back, partly my fault but im am going with new retracts. I was crabing it in and had it a bit to slow and she landed a bit hard but not bad BUT the eflight retract on the leading side totally collapsed! Trunion broke and if you look closely they are just pot metal.... Horizon is going to replace them but im done with them. Just ordered some spring air 700's to solve the problem. Need to repair some covering and some paint but overall everything is good. The gear doors and hatch worked great thou and i think helped the top speed a bit.

In the air im pulling 124 amps peak and 5436 watts.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,641 Posts
yeah billy D had that proplem too .he was going to have some "Real" ones made ...but then turned it over to Tam ...and he said there was not enough guys using them to warrant making new trunions...i bet a guy could sell a few of them
hope you get is fixed ...i just put 700's in mine and they worked great even with 3/8" robart struts. you do have to slow down to get the nose down and locked ...maybe there new "RED" series (for jets) would be better.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:49 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,607 Posts
Yes I just got to test out my new Trunions!! Worked great with 3 flight on them new They were the first 3 flights of the year for me on the turbine Had one slight bounce and there strong as h$ll I hope Tams are as strong Going to be in the mid to upper 60's here in Ohio all week
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Mar 13, 2012, 01:01 AM
USA, TX, The Colony
Joined Dec 2005
718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC View Post
Yes I just got to test out my new Trunions!! Worked great with 3 flight on them new They were the first 3 flights of the year for me on the turbine Had one slight bounce and there strong as h$ll I hope Tams are as strong Going to be in the mid to upper 60's here in Ohio all week
So share the love and make a few for us, I bet you could sell at least 10 sets real quick
cquian is online now Find More Posts by cquian
Old Mar 13, 2012, 02:55 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,641 Posts
Billy Tam said he was'nt going to make them ???? some one change his mind.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:56 AM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,607 Posts
Ok, I will call Tam Master and if he is not doing them i will have my dude get started on them ASAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Billy Tam said he was'nt going to make them ???? some one change his mind.
BILLYDSRC is online now Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC