HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:03 AM
RcBoater
Joined Feb 2014
135 Posts

I just went to u-tube and watched the Double Horse Century 7004. Now that has potential beyond the 009 by a long shot. Maybe won't self right but tipping will be slim or none. Now that would be FUN to build with a single motor with dual lipos with a 2030 UL-1 motor or a 3674-2200 motor and a 180 amp esc or a 120 t model. The + side is room to work and I would tape down the hatch. I have a Villian EX with a UL-1 motor on 3S and moves fast enough for me. You could do a search on this site on the DH
Dennis Manning is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Manning
Last edited by Dennis Manning; Jul 11, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
579 Posts
Some family fun running our FT009s. Two boats and a few crashes. Action starts around the 2:00 mark.
All stock at this time.
Dueling FT009 RC Boats (8 min 42 sec)
markarch is online now Find More Posts by markarch
Old Yesterday, 01:27 PM
Joined Dec 2007
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markarch View Post
Some family fun running our FT009s. Two boats and a few crashes. Action starts around the 2:00 mark.
All stock at this time.
http://youtu.be/5GmXMkReUlU
Nice. These boats are fun as heck. I got my wife and 6 year old girl fighting to use the FT009. LOL Now I gotta get another one so everybody has their own boat. The FT009 was suppose to be my rescue boat and now I opened up pandora's box! I'm thinking the Double Horse for my 6 year old as its only like $29.
microhelidude is offline Find More Posts by microhelidude
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Joined Jun 2014
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microhelidude View Post
Nice. These boats are fun as heck. I got my wife and 6 year old girl fighting to use the FT009. LOL Now I gotta get another one so everybody has their own boat. The FT009 was suppose to be my rescue boat and now I opened up pandora's box! I'm thinking the Double Horse for my 6 year old as its only like $29.
There's supposedly a 18" Double Horse for $32 on Amazon called the Banox Extreme.Im thinking about ordering one for its hull, rudder, etc to build a brushless boat larger then my ft007 but I'm a bit eerie of it truely being 18" since it has a 370 motor like a smaller Double Horse.

Edit I looked at it again and the Banox has a 380 not a 370.It looks identical to the smaller Double Horse but the Banox is available in blue as well.It should be a new and larger version of the Double Horse for $3 more.
micromodder is online now Find More Posts by micromodder
Last edited by micromodder; Yesterday at 02:45 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microhelidude View Post
They sure are fun. We have a blast with them. I like to run them between runs of my faster boats. It surprises me that they are quite quick and nimble for their price. Every time I head out to a lake with some onlookers, I typically sell two or three of these by recommending them. My LHS should stock them so they are easy to pick up for the folks I meet at the lakes.
markarch is online now Find More Posts by markarch
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Manning View Post
I just went to u-tube and watched the Double Horse Century 7004. Now that has potential beyond the 009 by a long shot. Maybe won't self right but tipping will be slim or none. Now that would be FUN to build with a single motor with dual lipos with a 2030 UL-1 motor or a 3674-2200 motor and a 180 amp esc or a 120 t model. The + side is room to work and I would tape down the hatch. I have a Villian EX with a UL-1 motor on 3S and moves fast enough for me. You could do a search on this site on the DH
standard fixing under motor Traxxas Villain EX need to alter?
kolynsdv is online now Find More Posts by kolynsdv
Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Joined Jul 2014
5 Posts
what esc used?
kolynsdv is online now Find More Posts by kolynsdv