Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:50 AM
...man wants his boat
United States, MA, Woods Hole
Joined Aug 2012
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknocker View Post
Great model of the dragger. The detailing and weathering are first rate. Good job. I did work from Bill Northrup plans. One of the previous threads noted that Bill has passed away so I do not know if the plans are still available.

. Usually I don't put on a lot small details because they get broken or lost to and from the lake. Most damage happens in the car. I really like your work. The Debra Ann is in fact Tara Dawn. Hope this answers your question Tim.

Doug

Thanks Doug. Let's get back to your thread. Keep the tug photos coming and any photos of your other boats would be appreciated by all. Finest kind work by you.

Bill
chum444 is offline Find More Posts by chum444
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:16 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Jan 2010
931 Posts
Cool Boat!

I'm a woodie Glider guy and not a boat guy, but appreciate anything built up from wood. That's really cool, if I did boats, that's the way I'd be doing them.

Thanks for the build log on your boat, and "Smooth sailing" - Paul
Pauliwog is offline Find More Posts by Pauliwog
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:47 PM View Post
dfgeroijf
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Mar 02, 2013, 07:00 PM
---o-O-o---
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Mar 2012
1,576 Posts
Spamo!, reported.
blutoh is offline Find More Posts by blutoh
Old Mar 04, 2013, 11:00 AM
Joined Jun 2008
710 Posts
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=61340114230
redlined_b16a is offline Find More Posts by redlined_b16a
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:02 PM
---o-O-o---
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Mar 2012
1,576 Posts
Great work, Doug, and nice belt drive! Is that ypur own design, or a commercial product?

Pete
blutoh is offline Find More Posts by blutoh
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:42 PM
United States, CT, Wethersfield
Joined Mar 2006
1,082 Posts
Nice job on that tug.Any chance of getting a closeup of the rudder
I ordered a set of those plans on ebay, I have been looking at that tug for along time .I also ordered a semi kit from Chuck Steffan to build it with hopefully it will be here next week.
Browndog is online now Find More Posts by Browndog
Last edited by Browndog; Mar 16, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:46 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browndog View Post
Nice job on that tug.
I ordered a set of those plans on ebay, I have been looking at that tug for along time .I also ordered a semi kit from Chuck Steffan to build it with hopefully it will be here next week.
Link for the semi-kit please???

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:50 PM
United States, CT, Wethersfield
Joined Mar 2006
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Link for the semi-kit please???

SteveT.
wimodelboats.org
Browndog is online now Find More Posts by Browndog
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:54 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
Thank you sir!!

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Mar 16, 2013, 03:56 PM
Old wreck in Milwaukee
United States, WI, West Allis
Joined May 2007
3,637 Posts
SteveT Chuck Steffen doesn't own a computer so I handle requests for him. If you have any questions after you look at the photos on the website PM me. We are still working on getting decent photos to put up. The semi kit is the hull with deck, main cabin, wheelhouse, and stack. I'm not sure but I think he has resin cast ventilators and skylight that will work on this boat.

Tinknocker she is looking great. It reminded me of a guy who was in our club that had an old wood Francis Smith. He passed away back in the 90's but the tug is now owned by another club member and still gets out at least once a summer. I'm sure you will enjoy your FS tug for many years. They are excellent boats.
Prins Willem is offline Find More Posts by Prins Willem
Last edited by Prins Willem; Mar 16, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 04:57 PM
...man wants his boat
United States, MA, Woods Hole
Joined Aug 2012
451 Posts
TK,

Really enjoying your build. Great craftmanship! Keep the updates and photos coming. I have a bash of a Lord Nelson Victory tug underway so REALLY appreciate your pics!
chum444 is offline Find More Posts by chum444
Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:29 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prins Willem View Post
SteveT Chuck Steffen doesn't own a computer so I handle requests for him. If you have any questions after you look at the photos on the website PM me. We are still working on getting decent photos to put up. The semi kit is the hull with deck, main cabin, wheelhouse, and stack. I'm not sure but I think he has resin cast ventilators and skylight that will work on this boat.

Tinknocker she is looking great. It reminded me of a guy who was in our club that had an old wood Francis Smith. He passed away back in the 90's but the tug is now owned by another club member and still gets out at least once a summer. I'm sure you will enjoy your FS tug for many years. They are excellent boats.

Cool!!...And yes, I read about the "roundabout" way that they have to be ordered...Could you please give ma an approximate cost of the kit?

Thanks

SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Mar 16, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:18 AM
United States, OR, Roseburg
Joined Feb 2012
19 Posts
I really enjoy watching your build. build. Great work!

I am working on two Francis Smith's Side by side. One will be civilian and the other modified to WWII configuration. Both are loosely based on the Chuck Steffen Simi kits. Your beltdrive setup looks very strong!
Monrob22 is offline Find More Posts by Monrob22