HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2015, 04:34 PM
Joined Jun 2013
30 Posts
Discussion
Marx chris craft "constellation" build

Picked up this Marx CC "Constellation" kit at a local auction. Someone had started the build and quit. It came in the original box with the instructions. I took it all apart and started from scratch. There were a few pieces missing and there were a few duplicates ??. It's a nice looking boat from the late 1950"s. I believe the kit was produced around 1960.
I used real bambo planking on top the plastic deck, I had to make a new roof since the original was missing.
I used 2 small brushless motor for power and 3 channel radio.
I'll post some pic's of the box, instruction and new carrying case I made.
Rjaaaaaa is offline Find More Posts by Rjaaaaaa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2015, 01:08 AM
Taking care of the pond.
United States, CA, Sanger
Joined Apr 2004
7,402 Posts
Nice build.
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:48 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,128 Posts
That kit is the same one Lindberg issued several times. Originaly it had cast metal parts such as the stantions, rudders, and small boat davits. The area below and at the gunwals is varnished mahogany not red painted. The only difference between the Marx and the Lindberg kit was the color of the plastic It is still a great kit and looks good on the water. You have an outstwnding find there.
charlie eaton is online now Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Jan 11, 2015, 06:28 PM
Joined Jun 2013
30 Posts
Thank, this kit also had the cast metal parts, stantions, rudders, props,davits, it also had the original 3vdc motors with battery tray (2 d cell). Original hull and parts were white, the decks were tan. Not sure whay color the original cabin roof was. Looking for the original 3 plastic figures that came with the kit??? 2 bathing beauties and captain.
The color pictures on the box showed a red and black paint scheme and I kind of liked it and followed it.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 07:14 PM
Joined Jun 2013
30 Posts
More photos of kit as found and during build

here are a few photos of the kit as bought with box and instructions. The metal parts are also shown. Check out the beautiful blue curtains and panels.