HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Joined Jan 2015
103 Posts
ok thanks I bought the paper plane props from banggood but they are out of stock and actually stuck a big order I did there for more then a week, so I asked to split my order. mm checking I will receive one package of those, it seams each is of 5 pairs. I bought several but they didn't have enough to send all of them, they will send the rest when they get more..

I think the ones for the nqx clone, eachine, should be good ones

I would like to know has anybody here try the ones from hobbykinkg for the extinct pocket quad? are they to small? I have seen somebody asking there if they are ok for nqx and the answer was yes but how the perform?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cket+Quad+Prop
Multirotor Go is offline Find More Posts by Multirotor Go
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
Joined Jan 2015
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochenvar View Post
Picnic Quads has those as well.

I've used the stock nQX, HM830s, and even converted Hubsans. The Hubsans are by far the best, but you have to snip the prop guards or use a nonstock frame. However you'll be amazed at the performance.
I read your tutorial on how to convert the hubsan props but for a non native English speaker like me, suddenly English turned into Chinese

Would it be to much to ask you that the next time you do this you film the process

well thank you for writhing that for sure it wasn't easy very detailed but for some reason my brain just get confuse every time I read it... what is ca? some kind of glue I am getting, right?

Do you have a video of this mod performance? it seems interesting

My theory is that the prop guards from the nqs actually kill the props earlier. if you look nqx from above you will notice that the clearance between the prop and the guard is like a couple of millimeters at best and if it crashes then the prop guard immediately get in contact with the props , and in the nqx that part of the prop is very fragile is very thin.

What I do is with my finger, with out any heat I bend the prop guards away from the props, several times and gently, I make the prop guard strait, and move it away, get the space between prop guard and prop bigger.

If you look at it, is kind of round. I make it straight.
In the future I will make a video. I have some pictures comparisons from a new one and one with them prop modify, if we can call i that, maybe just bent in to the other direction.
Last edited by Multirotor Go; Yesterday at 10:39 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
Joined Apr 2013
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multirotor Go View Post
I read your tutorial on how to convert the hubsan props but for a non native English speaker like me, suddenly English turned into Chinese

Would it be to much to ask you that the next time you do this you film the process

well thank you for writhing that for sure it wasn't easy very detailed but for some reason my brain just get confuse everytime I read it... what is ca? some kind of glue I am getting, right?
I asked that (what is "CA") before, and yes, I think it's glue. Here's a link to Amazon (not that I'm saying to use Amazon, but just to give you an idea):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ywords=ca+glue

I haven't actually gotten or used that stuff yet, so I'm not sure WHICH CA glue is the right one.

Jim
ohaya is online now Find More Posts by ohaya
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
121 Posts
CA is Cyanoacrylate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate. It is basically super glue. I think most posters use the term in a generic way, because there are a few different types for different uses. On other threads, I've read of people who use the "thin" stuff and carefully put a tiny bit on the tip of the motor shaft (hold the motor with the shaft DOWN!) and press the rotor on. This supposedly helps keep the prop from slipping or flying off, but it's still light enough that you can remove the prop pretty easily when needed. I haven't tried it on the nano QX, but maybe someone has?
JW57RC is offline Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Joined Jan 2015
103 Posts
Nano qx Easy Prop Guard Modification for Longer propeller life

Well this is going to be my first contribution on RCgroups, and is about my first quad.

As I stated up there I think nqx prop guard actually damage the props on crashes because there is not enough space between propeller and prop guard, check your quads.

Probably you already talked about this in this thread.

It is really simple, but It has prolonged the life of my nqx Props a lot.

You don't need heat, just bend gently with your hand the props guards and make them straight, Stock is curved inward.

Bend it away from the prop gently a little bit at a time.

Carefully until you are satisfy with the separation you have created between prop guard and prop.

Then gently test it, pushing gently the prop guard against the porp, try to see what would happen in a crash at medium speed.

Do it before the modification and after compare and see if you like the difference. I personally like it.

And yes, strangely It will stay that way for a loooong time, I haven't bend them again, but In the beginning maybe you will need to check them and do it again a few times, bust just a little. Don't over do it or at the end the plastic will lose it strength.

Be warned of a side effect , see last picture since I don't know how to describe it, you may get unwanted bends to the sides of the prop guard, do it gently trying to avoid them, but you will get some inevitably.

Tell me what you think of it, look your nqx and tell me if you notice the small space, or if yours is fine.
Last edited by Multirotor Go; Today at 12:14 AM.
Old Today, 12:05 AM
Joined Jan 2015
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW57RC View Post
CA is Cyanoacrylate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate. It is basically super glue. I think most posters use the term in a generic way, because there are a few different types for different uses. On other threads, I've read of people who use the "thin" stuff and carefully put a tiny bit on the tip of the motor shaft (hold the motor with the shaft DOWN!) and press the rotor on. This supposedly helps keep the prop from slipping or flying off, but it's still light enough that you can remove the prop pretty easily when needed. I haven't tried it on the nano QX, but maybe someone has?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaya View Post
I asked that (what is "CA") before, and yes, I think it's glue. Here's a link to Amazon (not that I'm saying to use Amazon, but just to give you an idea):

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ywords=ca+glue

I haven't actually gotten or used that stuff yet, so I'm not sure WHICH CA glue is the right one.

Jim
thank you guys
Old Today, 12:28 AM
Joined Jan 2015
103 Posts
some body has try this cheap motors?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Nano-Q...item2333d379a4

somebody has try this powerful batteries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220mAh-45C-b...3D151193352612
Old Today, 12:32 AM
Joined Apr 2013
296 Posts
Quote:
some body has try this cheap motors?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Nano-Q...item2333d379a4

somebody has try this powerful batteries?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220mAh-45C-b...3D151193352612

Talk about timing !!

I think that Lycan Animal over on this other thread said that he had tried them and I just posted asking for confirmation about that:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=69

Jim
Old Today, 12:50 AM
Joined Jan 2015
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaya View Post
Talk about timing !!

I think that Lycan Animal over on this other thread said that he had tried them and I just posted asking for confirmation about that:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=69

Jim
Well Hope more people can tell us if they are decent.

I am planing to buy some from Micro Motors warehouse, but I have two nqx and I need one for small room indoor flaying I think MMW are to powerful for my little room , and stock almost cost a little bit more than the gentle MMW motors for nqx so, uff well I am undecided
Old Today, 12:55 AM
Joined Apr 2013
296 Posts
Quote:
Well Hope more people can tell us if they are decent.

I am planing to buy some from Micro Motors warehouse, but I have two nqx and I need one for small room indoor flaying I think MMW are to powerful for my little room , and stock almost cost a little bit more than the gentle MMW motors for nqx so, uff well I am undecided
I'm in pretty much the same boat as you. I mainly/only fly my NQX indoors, so don't really need super powerful motors, but just something that works.
Old Today, 01:15 AM
Quads' Hobbyist
Honduras, Bay Islands, West Bay
Joined Dec 2014
42 Posts
Faulty board?

After a crash, trying to learn the agility mode, one of the motors went bad (running but producing no trust). I replaced it with a new one and everything seemed to be fine. Instead I tthen realize that the Low Voltage alarm will kick in sometimes after a mere 20 sec on a full battery. I have 5 battery and none of them will now last more than a couple minutes. A few times when I hit the throttle the quad seems to be stuck on the ground, but then shoots up in the air.
Any suggestions? When the low voltage alarm goes off most of the time
I can unplug and replug the battery and it will fly for another 30 mijutes.
?P_
Pakal is online now Find More Posts by Pakal
Old Today, 01:19 AM
Joined Apr 2013
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakal View Post
After a crash, trying to learn the agility mode, one of the motors went bad (running but producing no trust). I replaced it with a new one and everything seemed to be fine. Instead I tthen realize that the Low Voltage alarm will kick in sometimes after a mere 20 sec on a full battery. I have 5 battery and none of them will now last more than a couple minutes. A few times when I hit the throttle the quad seems to be stuck on the ground, but then shoots up in the air.
Any suggestions? When the low voltage alarm goes off most of the time
I can unplug and replug the battery and it will fly for another 30 mijutes.
?P_
Is anything getting abnormally hot? The motors, or maybe something on the FC?

Seems like something (other than the motors) is draining the battery, and that should produce either motion (motors spinning) or heat, I think.