SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 19, 2014, 01:28 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,084 Posts
Also check the balance, if the heli hangs nose down when you lift the heli by the blade hub, then it will want to fly forward.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2014, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jul 2014
62 Posts
Not always antenna....

Intermittent power loss can be caused by main battery connector and its being too small. Replace it with larger connector.
bvrrocks5150 is offline Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
Old Jan 03, 2015, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by elitetux
United States, CT, Middletown
Joined Nov 2014
14 Posts
A little un-familiar with these 3 channel helicopters....a buddy of mine picked up a used S033G 27mhz. Only problem is it doesn't get power to the motors. The LEDs on the side light up no problem. The red status LED on the PCB flashes and then goes solid (I'm assuming this is the gyro initializing). After that I get no response from the TX.

The batteries are fully charged (Somebody got handy and swapped over to XT60 connectors and it is using nano tech 2200 mah 7.4v batts)

The transmitter it came with looks a bit different than others I have seen posted and it has a soldered in crystal at 27.145 mhz so in an attempt to eliminate the TX as an issue I had a spare 27.145 crystal from my AM radio days and popped it into my old Futaba 7C but I still got no response from the Heli.

Can anyone else confirm the exact frequency of the heli? I see no markings other than "27mhz", or shed any light on my issue? Thanks!
elitetux is online now Find More Posts by elitetux
Old Jan 04, 2015, 04:35 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitetux View Post
A little un-familiar with these 3 channel helicopters....a buddy of mine picked up a used S033G 27mhz. Only problem is it doesn't get power to the motors. The LEDs on the side light up no problem. The red status LED on the PCB flashes and then goes solid (I'm assuming this is the gyro initializing). After that I get no response from the TX.

The batteries are fully charged (Somebody got handy and swapped over to XT60 connectors and it is using nano tech 2200 mah 7.4v batts)

The transmitter it came with looks a bit different than others I have seen posted and it has a soldered in crystal at 27.145 mhz so in an attempt to eliminate the TX as an issue I had a spare 27.145 crystal from my AM radio days and popped it into my old Futaba 7C but I still got no response from the Heli.

Can anyone else confirm the exact frequency of the heli? I see no markings other than "27mhz", or shed any light on my issue? Thanks!
I used to fly the Syma S033G 27MHz heli's, but they had signal drop problems, so I just stripped them down to use for spare parts on the new S33 2.4 GHz heli's (everything but the 27MHz PCB works on the new 2.4GHz heli) which is the same as the old S033G, except it's on 2.4GHz.

I have two 27MHz PCB's and I looked at the components and I didn't see any designation for a crystal on the board. I'd say that who ever your friend got the S033G heli from had attemped to modify the board to accept the 27.145MHz crystal. Here's a frequency chart that has the 27MHz freqs for radio control use.
http://www.futaba-rc.com/faq/frequency.html

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee