HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2014, 04:46 AM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,042 Posts
Hi drambuidhe,

I do use corrosion X,

I read about it six or seven years ago and how it protected the electronics and the motor. I've been flying my 3D Sniper off of water for at least 5 years and I use Corrosion X on it and all of my float planes that aren't using coated Rx's and ESC'S.

Now some of the float planes come equipped with coated Rx's, coated ESC's and waterproof servo's.

I just bought a new Rx for my Tidewater (I only use Spektrum Rx's or the older Spektrum compatible JR Rx's) and decided to get one that wasn't coated, as there's a $20.00 difference in price and I can dunk it in corrosion X which I'd already purchased several years ago.

I coat the Motor, ESC, and Rx with corrosion X. I take the top off of the servo's and pack them with servo grease, then tape them with boat tape. So far I've never had a problem with anything.

It's going to be awhile before I get to maiden the TC, we don't go over to the Lake Cabin until spring, but if we get any snow here, I might take it out to the club flying field and maiden it off of the snow. If I do, I'll try to get some video of it.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
to remove ads between posts