HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2015, 12:24 PM
Joined Nov 2007
549 Posts
Question
Nirto in a Wind S pro

Has anyone fitted or know if its possible to fit a 4 stroke or 2 stroke nitro into a Wind S pro?

Thanks
Jason
talkthetorque is offline Find More Posts by talkthetorque
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2015, 03:07 PM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,293 Posts
Anything is possible but I do not think the fuselage on Wind S Pro will handle the vibrations so good. It was designed for electric motor only. I have a Sebart MythoS Pro and it is basically same fuselage as Wind S Pro (almost same) and I do not think I would mount a glow engine in that plane even if I really wanted to. My gut feeling just tell me that the fuselage will not like it in the long run due to the vibrations.
But with some clever strenthening of the fuselage I'm sure it is doable.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old Jan 05, 2015, 05:00 PM
Joined Nov 2007
549 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I think its doable but seems like a lot of guessing. Was hoping someone could show me one that they have already done.
talkthetorque is offline Find More Posts by talkthetorque
Old Jan 05, 2015, 07:13 PM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,277 Posts
Is it possible to fit a nitro engine to a Wind S Pro? Sure, as bossee mentioned anything is possible but is it a good idea? Nope.

Or at least I'd sure hate to ruin a perfectly good model by trying to put a YS in my Wind S Pro....
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb