HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2015, 11:40 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Quick question, what brand of servo you guys are using?
I went with Hitec 5065mg for cyclic and a 5084mg on the tail. The 5084mg runs hot, but otherwise everything is great, no worries.
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2015, 07:44 PM
Joined May 2011
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
how did u fix it ? outside the frame ? i got a mini K bar to setup and will prob de-case it so it fits inside the frame

just put a set of these on the swash

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._11g_0_12.html
and flys much better than the HKSCM9-6 they replaced which i found horribly twitchey for some reason [bad centering ? ] ...a tiny amount of slop in the turnigys as to be expected with cheap [partial] metal gears but held up to a huge crash that required a 6 hour rebuild ! 12grams on my scale good price point and thus far iam pleased with them
I have the mini k bar yellow/ gold. I mounted upside-down, wires to the rear on the gyro tray(the tray is in the upper slots); with just enough room to clear the boom supports. I've tried the hxt900, tg9e, hkscm9, tss-10mg, and the hk1578b, which I'm using now. All cheap servos, but if some how I could combine all of the strengths of these five servos into one , it would be perfect. To me the plastic hkscm9 performed the best, but the gears would strip in the slightest crash . The hxt900 are real troopers, but not digital. The metal servos tend to have a lot of slop, but I'll try the xgd-11mg.
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Last edited by mugen 1; Jan 08, 2015 at 07:39 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2015, 08:52 PM
Joined May 2011
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I went with Hitec 5065mg for cyclic and a 5084mg on the tail. The 5084mg runs hot, but otherwise everything is great, no worries.
I use to race r/c nitro 1/8 scale off road buggies for many years and hitec electronics was all I'd used, but then they were considered cheap, but good with great customer service. Tower and Amain list them at $34.00 each, which cost more than the hk 250 kit. I think I'll maybe able to find them cheaper, but re-branded. I know Tower re-brands hitec servos under its' own name at a cheaper price.
Thanks
Old Jan 08, 2015, 08:13 PM
Joined May 2011
464 Posts
Decided to rebuild my tarot zyx-s hk250, instead of the flybarred heli, and compare it against the mini k bar. The initial test( just hovering in the driveway) has the zyx-s rock solid, which is pretty amazing for a 250. The yellow mini k bar always had a slight tail wag that I couldn't seem to get rid of. Both helis are set up the same and have the same servos. Maybe I'll replace the tail servo because the mini k bar is supposedly the better unit. Saturday when the weather warms up I'll take them to the field and do a real test.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 09:09 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,030 Posts
Mine has a very slight, slow tail wag, too. TBH, I just fly the thing anyways.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 10:43 PM
Joined May 2011
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Mine has a very slight, slow tail wag, too. TBH, I just fly the thing anyways.
I fly mine that way too. Are you using the yellow mini k bar also?
I have a black mini k bar on my 450 and it has a very,very slight wag, that I never really tried to fix.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 10:55 PM
Folding Spacetime
Joined Jul 2011
2,030 Posts
I'm actually using a Walkera 2702V. I really think the tail wag is more to do with the servo and the distance of the link ball from the servo axis.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 08:31 PM
Joined May 2011
464 Posts
Did some testing today at my flying field; sunny skies and about 50*F with light to no wind. I compared the tarot zyx-s to the yellow mini k bar. The result truly surprised me, (but not really). The zyx-s was just in another league, it was so solid it almost seem to fly on its' own, stops were so smooth it almost seemed to hang in the air. The yellow mini k bar, on the other hand was plagued with a slow tail wag that just wouldn't go away, which made it somewhat difficult to handle, especially inverted. My test was mainly scale flying with some simple inverted circuits and rolls. I know a lot of people will disagree with me because zyx-s is so old and the yellow mini k bar is one of the latest and greatest, but with my setup; using the cheap hk white digital servos on both, this is what I got. If anyone is getting better results with the mini k bar on a 250 please let me know.
Last edited by mugen 1; Jan 10, 2015 at 09:23 PM.