HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 16, 2014, 03:46 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2014
143 Posts
Discussion
Twisted digital power combo alternative?

Looking for a cost effective (if there is one) alternative to the crack Digial power combos from twisted. I will need a 26g motor and digital servos for a turbo beaver....

Any suggestions or should I just suck it up and order the combo from twisted?
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2014, 03:48 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Joined Nov 2014
103 Posts
Look at

http://www.headsuphobby.com/

I used this motor on a Laser

http://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-Up...otor-F-545.htm

With a HU10A ESC. And a 8X6SF GWS

And these servos

http://www.headsuphobby.com/iFlight-...ervo-B-596.htm

The Laser used the larger servos on the ailerons

It flies very nicely. On a 2S 800, about five minutes.

Make sure you order some extra o-rings. 10 for $2

http://www.headsuphobby.com/O-Rings-...-Ten-C-400.htm

That comes to $47.25 to your door. With one prop.
BHOFM is offline Find More Posts by BHOFM
Last edited by BHOFM; Nov 16, 2014 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 05:18 PM
Registered User
RonJ's Avatar
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,626 Posts
Interesting question as I am a good customer of both Twisted Hobby and HeadsUp.

The power packages TH puts together are first class which are appreciated the more you use them. There may be other components out there that cost less and perform as well, I don't know. I have had good luck with HeadsUp products to.

If bucks are tight, go with HeadsUp. Anything to get your Beaver into the air, it's a fun flyer.
When you get a few bucks ahead, get the TH set up. When you hit the lottery, get a Motrofly
motor (that's what gets my Beaver into orbit).
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 05:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2014
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Interesting question as I am a good customer of both Twisted Hobby and HeadsUp.

The power packages TH puts together are first class which are appreciated the more you use them. There may be other components out there that cost less and perform as well, I don't know. I have had good luck with HeadsUp products to.

If bucks are tight, go with HeadsUp. Anything to get your Beaver into the air, it's a fun flyer.
When you get a few bucks ahead, get the TH set up. When you hit the lottery, get a Motrofly
motor (that's what gets my Beaver into orbit).
I am considering going analog on the servos and putting the money into the motor...what size motrofly do you have?

Any issues with analog servos and insufficient torque on those big airerons? I want to be sure I can get insane throws and figured it would require digital servos..
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 07:31 PM
Twisted Do Nut!
KamikazePilot's Avatar
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,486 Posts
Koosh I've been running analogs on mine with no problems. Motor wise check buddyrc they have the 26g sunnysky motor for a little more than banggood but they are stateside.

If you're interested in motrofly motors then the 2205 series is a great choice, either in 1350 or 1800kv flavor. Good luck.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 07:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2014
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
Koosh I've been running analogs on mine with no problems. Motor wise check buddyrc they have the 26g sunnysky motor for a little more than banggood but they are stateside.

If you're interested in motrofly motors then the 2205 series is a great choice, either in 1350 or 1800kv flavor. Good luck.
Any idea how those compare to the tiger motor, 2206-1500? That is what I have on my crack yak so I am familiar with its performance...

Thx
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 06:22 AM
Registered User
Poland, Masovian Voivodeship, Warsaw
Joined Mar 2006
137 Posts
You can try any 2205 motors from HK. Much cheaper, not much worse (but definitely not same class!!) I'm using HK 24gr 1300kV motor and works well. Will probably survive 2 X shorter, but it will most likely be much longer than the model itself... Also servos like HXT900 have good reputation and are cost effective...
kinemax is offline Find More Posts by kinemax
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:24 AM
Registered User
RonJ's Avatar
Sparta,WI,USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,626 Posts
KOOSHBALL

Here is the Motrofly motor that I have in my Beaver. Totally impressed with the power.
Strongly considering putting one in my Pitts. Powering it with a 3S-500 or 610 Rhino.

A PM from a friend I met at SEFF

"How u doing bud !! I have the 2205-1800 and the 15a esc. Pulling a 8-4 gws prop.

Love it.

Good to hear from ya."

Like your idea of cutting back on the servos and going wild on the motor. The Motrofly will do that.

http://www.subsonicplanes.com/Motrolfly_Motors.html

RonJ
RonJ is offline Find More Posts by RonJ
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2014, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2014
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
KOOSHBALL

Here is the Motrofly motor that I have in my Beaver. Totally impressed with the power.
Strongly considering putting one in my Pitts. Powering it with a 3S-500 or 610 Rhino.

A PM from a friend I met at SEFF

"How u doing bud !! I have the 2205-1800 and the 15a esc. Pulling a 8-4 gws prop.

Love it.

Good to hear from ya."

Like your idea of cutting back on the servos and going wild on the motor. The Motrofly will do that.

http://www.subsonicplanes.com/Motrolfly_Motors.html

RonJ
Thx. Should be fun with the 1800 version vs the 1500 tiger motor I am used to...y think it would be ok on 2s as well for those "floaty" days?
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Twisted Hobbys 32" EPP MXS-C w/ Power Combo ff954 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Oct 20, 2014 03:37 PM
Sold Twisted hobbies48" Sbach digital combo ERGO60SX Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 25, 2014 11:47 AM
Sold Twisted hobbies 32" super lite yak digital combo ERGO60SX Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 24, 2014 05:33 PM
For Sale Twisted Hobbies 31" EPP Gym Star 3D Top Wing "Purple" + Power Combo shubhamAT Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Mar 21, 2014 11:16 PM
Sold Twisted Hobbys 24" Mini Yak Power Combo + Receiver electricrc68 Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Oct 31, 2013 01:40 PM