SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:34 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
29 Posts
Just had my first fly with the 14x7 (3s) prop after i broke the end off my 13x5 training prop with a hard landing the other day, ran 3 batteries, What an awesome plane. I liked it before but now everything is sharper, more responsive and faster.... Making me ponder on how awesome a 4s setup will be!. Loving the plane! Got the balls to pull that high rate switch and did my first hover and harriers (though it was some way up in the air!) and some nice semi low knife edge passes. Still got a long way to go but feels like I'm making good progress

Was a beautiful morning out in Perth topped off with some chicken treat for lunch haha, Sunday morning is looking good too. Cant wait, glad the wind has finally laid off a bit!
roooost is offline Find More Posts by roooost
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 01:24 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
29 Posts
Haha cool, just realised my Bandit was airborne at 11:11:11 11/11/11
Old Nov 11, 2011, 02:38 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
614 Posts
Shaun and AeroFunDan

where should a 3S 2200mah battery be positioned on the battery tray to get 103mm CG?

i have the iPAS components installed in my unflown Bandit. With the esc positioned so enough battery wire is available to connect the battery and the battery shoved all the way forward through the frame openning, with just enough for the battery strap to go around the aft end of the battery, the plane is tail heavy.

I will move the esc as far forward as i can and add extensions to the battery wires.
The servo control wire has already been extended. Hope this will help.

Then we'll see where the balance point is. I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE ANOTHER PA PLANE!!!

It is weird to have any extremely unnecessarily long, expensive cf battery tray installed but have the battery hanging way forward off the end of the tray, and the battery barely secured to the tray. I'm sure the tray adds strength to the fuse, but it also adds weight.
allelectrik is online now Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:43 AM
Jerry McFlyer-Show Me The Lipo
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Dec 2010
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roooost View Post
Haha cool, just realised my Bandit was airborne at 11:11:11 11/11/11
And your previous post on this thread was number 1111
bring the thunda is offline Find More Posts by bring the thunda
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:46 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bring the thunda View Post
And your previous post on this thread was number 1111
Haha, thats crazy!
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Mar 2011
122 Posts
What size servos does it use?
rc flyer dude is offline Find More Posts by rc flyer dude
Old Nov 13, 2011, 01:35 AM
Paul
Tasmania, Australia
Joined Nov 2008
534 Posts
Hi Bandit owners,
My family is buying me the bandit for Christmas the yellow one, only 43 sleeps until Christmas.
This will be my first 3D plane and I can’t wait until my first maiden flight.
Questions, which IPA package should I buy 11.1 V or the 14.8 V, which one is more likely to get me into trouble and which will get me out of trouble, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The PA’s DVDs on 3D are they beneficial?
Thankyou
Cheers Paul
spirroau is offline Find More Posts by spirroau
Old Nov 13, 2011, 03:45 AM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Feb 2011
614 Posts
Finished the build of a red Bandit this evening. iPAS system, cf spinner, Vox 14x7, no vortex generators.

Empty weight is 37.1 oz, with a PA 2200mah 3S battery the AUW is 43 oz.

To get a 100mm cg with the 2200mah battery I used a E-flite 40a Pro esc (62 grams) mounted as far forward under the motor mount as I could. Extended the 2 esc power leads by about 4" in order to connect the battery to the esc.

Even with the extra weight, the battery extends well forward of the frame....the battery strap is about 1 1/2" from the end of the battery.

Maiden maybe tomorrow if the weather stays dry as is predicted. Need to balance the prop and check things over for the umpteenth time.

If I feel comfortable with the balance after a few flights I may replace the E-flite esc with the Quantum 45a (much lighter weight, 36 grams with lengthened servo wire.) AUW with the lighter Quantum would be about 42 oz....the weight in the manual.

I'm flying this plane for sport and to learn aerobatics, then some 3D....should be fun!!!
allelectrik is online now Find More Posts by allelectrik
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:51 AM
TRETTLOCK
Göppingen
Joined May 2009
161 Posts
mORE pIC S
hERE
PA what else is offline Find More Posts by PA what else
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:05 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,039 Posts
Wow, some really amazing shots of the Bandit Ralle
Thanks for posting!

dG
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:03 AM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
United States, TX, Rockwall
Joined Jun 2001
8,080 Posts
hmmm... my Turnigy 3s 2200's must be heavier than the PA one as I am only about 1/2" off the tray to achieve CG...
kepople is offline Find More Posts by kepople
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:06 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Amazing shots Ralle!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:33 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc flyer dude View Post
What size servos does it use?
IT uses, Voltec VTS70 MG / Hitec HS65MG size.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:34 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirroau View Post
Hi Bandit owners,
My family is buying me the bandit for Christmas the yellow one, only 43 sleeps until Christmas.
This will be my first 3D plane and I can’t wait until my first maiden flight.
Questions, which IPA package should I buy 11.1 V or the 14.8 V, which one is more likely to get me into trouble and which will get me out of trouble, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The PA’s DVDs on 3D are they beneficial?
Thankyou
Cheers Paul
If you are beginning to learn 3D, with 3S it will be easier to handle on slow 3D, the good thing is, when you are ready for 4S, just with a 4s pack and a different prop you can use it!
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:01 AM
TRETTLOCK
Göppingen
Joined May 2009
161 Posts
so.. here some Pics.. beforei do it wrong.. more Pics
here
PA what else is offline Find More Posts by PA what else