HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2014, 12:57 AM
Jealousy is a terrible thing
Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex31 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the PPM output as well as servo outputs on the RX700 (latest HW and FW)? I'd like to use channels 1-8 via PPM into my flight controller (working currently) then would like to use 9-12 for other functions (switching lights, gimbal tilt, etc). I currently have PPM out enabled on the CH12 output but if I connect a servo to CH11 it does not respond (I rebound after adding CH11 on my RC TX).
Yes both outputs at once work fine by default you just lose a channel due to one being used for PPM on the RX700LR, you are short a couple more channels on the RX700NR due to it only have 9 output pins (so only 8 channels after PPM in used and only channels 1-8 ).

If you are using a decent FC like APM then you can also assign the additional channels on the PPM signal to pass through the FC giving the full 12 channels analogue output if needed.
Redemptioner is offline Find More Posts by Redemptioner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2014, 10:07 AM
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Currently I am only getting 1-8 via PPM as well as on the physical servo outputs. My Futaba 14SG is configured for 11 channels and I have rebound with those channels active and still only get 1-8 on the servo connector. I've tried the PPM startup option and it's the same. Any other suggestions? Is this a Futaba PPM timing problem?
lateapex31 is offline Find More Posts by lateapex31
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:09 PM
Joined Aug 2013
37 Posts
I have a big problem and dont know how to solve it.

In LOW and MID is everything ok, but when I change to HIGH the receiver doesnt react anymore.
If I switch back to MID and LOW their is still no connection.
I have to repower the TX700 to get it work.

I power the Tx700 from a 3S2500mAh lipo.
bonsario is offline Find More Posts by bonsario
Old Jul 09, 2014, 07:37 PM
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
291 Posts
bonsario, how far away is the receiver? It can be overpowered at very close range...
anixs is offline Find More Posts by anixs
Old Jul 09, 2014, 11:59 PM
Lower Blue Mountains, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
304 Posts
Thomas,
My transmitter always outputs 9 channels, regardless of how many are used. According to the tx700 manual, when a headtracker is used, the headtracker’s channels will be added onto the end of the transmitters ppm signal, making it channels 10 and 11. Is there a way that I can specify which channels to be used for the headtracker so that I can use it with the NR six and seven channel receivers?
Thanks Thomas.
Dr. |2udie is online now Find More Posts by Dr. |2udie
Old Yesterday, 02:53 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Ballerup
Joined May 2007
3,186 Posts
>Is there a way that I can specify which channels to be used for the headtracker

NOPE, it doex exactly as the manual says
when you play arround with HT, you should also have pleaty room for a LR
thomasscherrer is offline Find More Posts by thomasscherrer
Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM
Joined May 2007
3,186 Posts
Bonsario, where is the PPM to the TSLRS comming from ?
check that ppm
and check distance to the RX
Anixs, overpowering an RX will force the rx into failsave, lowering the power should get it back again, so Bonsario please try to experiment with the distance to the rx, and see if you can isolate the issue to TX side ? or RX overdrive. either way you are right to expect full recovery with out the need to recycle power. but if the tx power actually affect your futaba amd jamm its ppm output, then it might not recover before recycle of its power, the solution might be to locate the tx or its antenna a bit away
Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM
Joined May 2007
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex31 View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to use the PPM output as well as servo outputs on the RX700 (latest HW and FW)? I'd like to use channels 1-8 via PPM into my flight controller (working currently) then would like to use 9-12 for other functions (switching lights, gimbal tilt, etc). I currently have PPM out enabled on the CH12 output but if I connect a servo to CH11 it does not respond (I rebound after adding CH11 on my RC TX).
check the ppm input, did it actually add ch11 as you expected ?
is ch 11 active in the ppm from the rx ?
I suggest you add a dummy ch12 and then see if ch11 and ch12 now works.
offcourse you are ok with using both ppm out and connect servoes to the rx at the same time :-)
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM
Joined Aug 2013
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasscherrer View Post
Bonsario, where is the PPM to the TSLRS comming from ?
check that ppm
and check distance to the RX
Anixs, overpowering an RX will force the rx into failsave, lowering the power should get it back again, so Bonsario please try to experiment with the distance to the rx, and see if you can isolate the issue to TX side ? or RX overdrive. either way you are right to expect full recovery with out the need to recycle power. but if the tx power actually affect your futaba amd jamm its ppm output, then it might not recover before recycle of its power, the solution might be to locate the tx or its antenna a bit away
PPM comming from MX-20 and FRSky Taranis

both transmitters have the same problem, the receiver cant receive the signal after switching to HIGH and back. I have 3 receivers and 2 transmitters so this should not be the cause.

If I connect PPM through the Graupner receiver and have a distance of 5m between Graupner and Tx700, there is still no function after HIGH power. I really dont know what to do any more

Btw, is there any transmitter out there which works out of the box perfectly with the Tx700 etc? Except the Turnigy 9xr, should be good quality like Graupner or so
Last edited by bonsario; Yesterday at 05:04 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM
Joined Aug 2013
37 Posts
@anixs

Maybe 10m with 3 walls.

But even when it would be overpowered it would have to work normal after switching it back to MID vor LOW
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM
Joined May 2007
3,186 Posts
to figure this out, I suggest you take an RX and remove its antennas,
and locate it a few meters away,
same problem ?
what I want to know is, if the TX or your RX got a recover issue ?
I also like to know if you can make it better or worse by locating your tx and its antenna a bit away from the Taranis
and by the way : this is NOT normal, and must offcourse be fixed
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM
Joined Aug 2013
37 Posts
Yes, same problem.
I tried both TX with three RX (2xLR, 1xNR) and got the same problem.

If I locate the Tx a bit away from my Taranis there is still the same problem.

I dont know what im doing wrong...or is it a defective batch?
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Joined Dec 2007
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasscherrer View Post
check the ppm input, did it actually add ch11 as you expected ?
is ch 11 active in the ppm from the rx ?
I suggest you add a dummy ch12 and then see if ch11 and ch12 now works.
offcourse you are ok with using both ppm out and connect servoes to the rx at the same time :-)
The device that I am using to receive PPM signals can only use PPM channels 1-8 so I do not have any way of checking to see if they are present in the PPM stream. Assume I'm not using PPM at all, is there anything on my Futaba radio that would prevent more than 8 channels from being sent through the trainer port?

OK I answered my own question. Under the trainer menu 8ch or 12ch is selectable, I assume this is hpw many channels are passed to the trainer port. Anyways, all is well, again TSLRS is flawless and another case of operator error!
lateapex31 is offline Find More Posts by lateapex31
Old Today, 02:24 AM
Joined May 2007
3,186 Posts
bonsario I am sorry, but I think you draw the wrong conclutions
you say : I dont know what im doing wrong...or is it a defective batch?
listen : you got TWO TX and many RX, and got exactly the same issue,
you can also conclude the external things are the same,
and therefore must be the things to blame, (or to investigate more deep into)
we got 1000's of customers who can power up and down again, and all is offcourse fine.
and yes it is correct too much power will/can overdrive electronics, not just the rx,
but all sorts of electronics you got arround.
The rx will come back and resume correct behaviour when radio field level
again is within its correct opperating range.
Last edited by thomasscherrer; Today at 02:37 AM.