HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:44 AM
Professional Lurker
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsyw26 View Post
Thanks, we decided last night we would use 3 with the other electronics we will add...
It only makes sense especially with a kit this large, anything less would reduce the authenticity and the fun factor. The Bismarck and Tirpitz had an odd arrangement of shafts (why 3?); it was something along the lines of being a mixture of speed and efficiency I'd read.

Are you going to replicate the LEFT, LEFT, RIGHT propeller rotation setup per the original?
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:36 AM
Missouri, USA
Joined Jan 2008
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harquebus View Post
I am quite frankly surprised that this one measly, half-comatose build log begun by a kit manufacturer of all people is all that we have for the latest in RC plastic. There's not even a 1/200 Missouri thread or a Hornet CV-8.
I agree there. I had hoped when I got the Bismarck kit there would be some builds with pictures to help a relative newbie like myself along. I haven't seen much of the big Trumpeter kits documented by builders anywhere, not just here on RCGroups.

I mean, mine is basically done from a kit standpoint, but still needs some internal parts and a working turret mechanism design. I honestly would have been too afraid to post my amateur work to have made a build log of the process.
FightingSteel1 is offline Find More Posts by FightingSteel1
Old Mar 26, 2014, 02:00 PM
Norman, Ok
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Servo Arms

Dean, what size are the red rudder control arms you used? Where did you get them and are they screwed in or glued in?

Thanks so much.

Patsy
patsyw26 is offline Find More Posts by patsyw26
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:12 AM
Professional Lurker
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
912 Posts
It would appear that "Dean" is using stuff out of his own inventory. The display items on the site are not molded in red but they fit his description (he was trying to fit up 2mm bearings) of the rudder posts that these tiller arms fit onto.

http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/shop/in...sort/2a/page/2

In my opinion, 2mm is too small both for rudder shafts and the prop shafts. Maybe good for a 1/200 destroyer but this is a BIG ship and 1/8 just looks more scale especially with exposed shafts in the "A" frames.... and the comments alluding to enhanced vibration (sounds like a benefit huh? ) and maybe some shaft whip/flex on a flimsy 2mm shaft sounds right on the money. I think the thought processes here are that it's a small plastic model ship conversion (as most of them are or were) and needs smaller components but this kit is how would you say, just more worthy of being a model intended for RC. Those converting smaller kits meant for display were merely "making do" with what they had.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member