Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, ID
Joined Apr 2007
138 Posts
Discussion
Scout from Flying Balsa

I just got the Scout kit from Flying Balsa. What an excellant starter this will be.
The instructions and the drawings are exceptional. It has a very complete hardware package that includes everything needed. I am impressed!
I'll get my power combo from Maxx Products and my servos from Todds Models and I'll be set to go.

The videos on this thread would make anyone want to step into the Autogyro world. Can't wait..................
roknhs is offline Find More Posts by roknhs
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:31 AM
RC Group therapist
DeRidder LA.
Joined Nov 2008
1,961 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to autogyros, but be warned they are addictive.. The scout is an outstanding first autogyro, and when you get comfortable with it you can dial up the throws for even more fun. The kit is the most complete kit I've ever seen. As you mentioned the instructions and photos are great too. Orientation can be difficult at times with a profile; so I'd suggest bright colors. Looking forward to your videos. The scout builds pretty quickly, I think mine took a day or so.

Regards,
-Mike

P.s. I forgot to add the link to my thread for you. I have been out of the country for some time and my posts haven't been very active; here you go: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1419676
Boneswamped is offline Find More Posts by Boneswamped
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Boneswamped; Aug 02, 2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added build thread link
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:12 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,628 Posts
I just looked at this.
I had the PT25 with a .40 nitro on it. I loved it! It was a real crowd pleaser as well as a pilot pleaser! It would hover, and do loops rolls and stall turns!

I'd like another of this size.

Will this one do aerobatics as well?
Mchone, Jake is offline Find More Posts by Mchone, Jake
Old Feb 11, 2014, 02:12 AM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,682 Posts
Jake
Great inverted flight................
Happy Landings
Chris...
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Last edited by britinoz; Feb 11, 2014 at 02:19 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 07:38 AM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,628 Posts
I don't know, man...kinda looks like the clouds are inverted too or maybe that just a hemispherical illusion :P
Old Feb 11, 2014, 09:58 AM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,048 Posts
Naaaa, Chris took it 'down under' everything is upside-down.................
PaulB is online now Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:24 PM
Wolverhampton, England
Joined Jun 2010
361 Posts
Jake
They are aerobatic, although I've never flown one, I have watched Ian Smith loop and roll his......I'm sure there has to be some video of him doing so somewhere
Rich
Ricardo1500 is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo1500
Old Feb 11, 2014, 02:21 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,628 Posts
This will be on my next hobby order then
Old Mar 03, 2014, 07:56 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Nov 2007
11 Posts
I have been flying one of these scouts for a couple summers now. One suggestion for the beginners who go through a lot of hinges on takeoff bumps: replace them with two mini robart hinges. You'll never replace them again. With these, the ship can take a cartwheel pounding over and over.

billrad1
billrad1 is offline Find More Posts by billrad1
Old Mar 04, 2014, 02:43 PM
Rejected User
United States, KY, Berea
Joined Dec 2003
6,628 Posts
I see your in Hardin. What group do you fly with?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 06:46 AM
Kingston Ontario Canada
Joined May 2006
181 Posts
Engine Choice?

I plan to buy a "Humpback" from Flying Balsa. My preference is to install a glow engine, of which I have several choices.

Does anyone have recommendations of what would be a suitable glow engine for this aircraft. I have an OS .40 4-stroke, an OS .46 2-stroke, an OS .25LA and an OS .61 amongst my collection. I am thinking the 4-stroke, as I really like them and would swing a large, 4-pitch prop. Does that sound unreasonable?
Deerslayer is online now Find More Posts by Deerslayer