Old Jul 02, 2014, 11:57 AM
KB3VOJ
USA
Joined Sep 2007
2,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurny666 View Post
Okay thanks!

I would test If I could but since I haven't flashed my FrSky DR8II to a D8RXP I cannot give it a shot for now.

I wanted to make sure that everything will work before I flash the D8RII plus.

Otherwise, I have another problem, I have 8 channels in total but I need 9... that is:
Channel 1 to 4 for Ail, Thr, Rud, Ele
Channel 5 for DOSD control
Channel 6 and 7 for Pan/tilt
Channel 8 for R3XS aux or Buzzer
If you are using the FrSky system, I am pretty sure the DR8II is probably putting out 16 channels in the CPPM stream. I know the DR4-II puts out 8 usable channels.
cherokee180c is online now Find More Posts by cherokee180c
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2014, 06:16 AM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2013
64 Posts
Really?

Where did you see that? That would be awesome, I would be able to have 9 channels from my T9X!
eurny666 is online now Find More Posts by eurny666
Old Jul 03, 2014, 02:14 PM
Joined Apr 2004
1,352 Posts
DOSD Config Mission Editor V2.1 now available on TSEBI

Changes have been made with release 2.1. Some changes are minor and some are major:

1) Added new "Overview" tab, similar to what is included in PC Commander.
-Depicts not only the same over view data, but also the number of flight plans stored along with the number of logs stored on the PC.

2) Added new "Sensors" tab.

3) Added RSSI, Voltage and current wizards, similar to what is included in PC Commander.

4) Added the ability to pull the OSD flight logs. Logs can either be pulled from the main DOSD Config form by using the drop down menu under "File" then selecting "View Flight Logs" or by going to the Mission Editor Screen and clicking on the "Flight Logs" button.

5) Added a "flight replay" feature, with the addition of a "Flight Logs" button on the Mission Editor Screen. This gives you the ability to see how their craft behaved during a flight. It can be replayed over top of any flight plan you wish. The replay feature has the following options:
a) Replay Speed - Allows user to change playback from approx real-time "1" to many times that rate.
b) Center on Playback - Keeps the plane centered in the map window at all times.
c) Show Log Path - Creates a "trail" behind the plane so you know where it has been.
d) Show Distance Traveled and Heading - Just what it says. Shows up on the map.
e) Show Lat and Long Values - Again, just what it says.
f) Show Flight Controls - Shows the user Avionics Instrumentation controls. Controls are adapted from Open Source code by Guillaume CHOUTEAU
g) Perspective - Currently not changeable by user.

8) Added Open Source Avionics Instrumentation controls by Guillaume CHOUTEAU
9) Added "Simulation Mode" button to the Mission Editor screen. When activated, it sends the "SIM" command to the DOSD+, along with the current home position Long and Lat values as a starting point for the simulation. If the hardware has been set up properly by the user, the craft should start moving and react to user input. All the replay options described above, except for the avionic display controls, are available to the user. Clicking on the Simulation Mode button again terminates the SIM mode. Note that this last item should be considered a "beta" feature.
RacerX208 is offline Find More Posts by RacerX208
Old Jul 03, 2014, 04:54 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
17,764 Posts
Cool!!! Thanks for all the work on your updates.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2014, 04:13 PM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,154 Posts
Thanks RacerX, I look forward to trying that one out. Looks like the it might (whisper it) overtake PC Commander for usefulness Could be worth a new thread for those DOSD'ers who don't check in here?

good job man!
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Jul 05, 2014, 12:53 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Very cool work Chris!! Very cool!! Now you can go relax and fly that new and cool plane of yours!!!

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX208 View Post
Changes have been made with release 2.1. Some changes are minor and some are major:

1) Added new "Overview" tab, similar to what is included in PC Commander.
-Depicts not only the same over view data, but also the number of flight plans stored along with the number of logs stored on the PC.

2) Added new "Sensors" tab.

3) Added RSSI, Voltage and current wizards, similar to what is included in PC Commander.

4) Added the ability to pull the OSD flight logs. Logs can either be pulled from the main DOSD Config form by using the drop down menu under "File" then selecting "View Flight Logs" or by going to the Mission Editor Screen and clicking on the "Flight Logs" button.

5) Added a "flight replay" feature, with the addition of a "Flight Logs" button on the Mission Editor Screen. This gives you the ability to see how their craft behaved during a flight. It can be replayed over top of any flight plan you wish. The replay feature has the following options:
a) Replay Speed - Allows user to change playback from approx real-time "1" to many times that rate.
b) Center on Playback - Keeps the plane centered in the map window at all times.
c) Show Log Path - Creates a "trail" behind the plane so you know where it has been.
d) Show Distance Traveled and Heading - Just what it says. Shows up on the map.
e) Show Lat and Long Values - Again, just what it says.
f) Show Flight Controls - Shows the user Avionics Instrumentation controls. Controls are adapted from Open Source code by Guillaume CHOUTEAU
g) Perspective - Currently not changeable by user.

8) Added Open Source Avionics Instrumentation controls by Guillaume CHOUTEAU
9) Added "Simulation Mode" button to the Mission Editor screen. When activated, it sends the "SIM" command to the DOSD+, along with the current home position Long and Lat values as a starting point for the simulation. If the hardware has been set up properly by the user, the craft should start moving and react to user input. All the replay options described above, except for the avionic display controls, are available to the user. Clicking on the Simulation Mode button again terminates the SIM mode. Note that this last item should be considered a "beta" feature.
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprusflyer View Post
No problem, I expect the translator that was sold may be based on this, as the AP30 must be doing all the hard math to compensate for G force etc etc but my thinking is that I maight as well let the AP30 stabilise directly rather than through an extended loop via the DOSD. Indeed credit to Virgis and thankfully the info is still there. I would like to get an airspeed sensor working, are there any details on I2C parameters required and maybe the math to convert?
so finally all the bits arrived. I can't compile the sketch you posted, I get the following erors (same with Virgis' code as well)

ardufy30.ino: In function 'void setup()':
ardufy30:72: error: 'slave_setup' was not declared in this scope
ardufy30.ino: In function 'void loop()':
ardufy30:106: error: 'FY30A_receive_task' was not declared in this scope
ardufy30:107: error: 'FY30A_analyze_task' was not declared in this scope

I kind of know what it means but I don't know how to fix it!

thanks

EDIT I think I fixed it, all sketches need to be in a folder that is not in the downloads on your PC, move them to desktop etc...watch this space...
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,154 Posts
OK seems to be working

I got the DOSD to show it's got an IMU attached using DOSD Config, but it isn't giving me any pitch/roll/yaw info.

EDIT so I put it onto a arduino Nano instead, and it all works. Weird. must be a pin config issue for pro mini?

EDIT2 Interestingly, this is the same issue I have had with a number of Xlators

EDIT3 I can put "blink" back on to the Pro Mini, so I assume Serial Rx and Tx still work.
Last edited by MikeTheCrash; Yesterday at 04:19 PM.
Old Today, 02:10 AM
Joined Feb 2013
151 Posts
Seems that you have it worked out more or less, I had a few glitches but got there with only minor problems. You have to be careful with the I2C bus voltages. Reason for the Mini Pro (3.3v version), also did you change the Baud rate to 19200 in the software.
If you flash the device with the debug on, then you can plug it into the AP30 and monitor the data sent with the Arduino serial monitor facilty. Get that working and you know you are almost good to go, you will see what the parameter values are, they are in plain ASCII format!
Cyprusflyer is offline Find More Posts by Cyprusflyer
Old Today, 06:25 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
640 Posts
This is really interesting. It's good to see you guys are getting it worked out.
metalbender4by is online now Find More Posts by metalbender4by