New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2014, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,878 Posts
Yeah, I guess you gotta either trust the NAZA with the throttle or have the risk of a bench top spoolup, eh.

I have a telemetry on my bird and I've actually lost the telemetry due to distance with no bad radio signal issues shown till then. I'd have to wonder just how far I'd have to send the heli out to lose radio signal, lol
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2014, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by Cleared2Engage
Happiness is a belt fed weapon
Ventura, CA
Joined Oct 2009
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewaysLS4 View Post
Yeah, I guess you gotta either trust the NAZA with the throttle or have the risk of a bench top spoolup, eh.

I have a telemetry on my bird and I've actually lost the telemetry due to distance with no bad radio signal issues shown till then. I'd have to wonder just how far I'd have to send the heli out to lose radio signal, lol
Had mine 3/4 to a mile out before I had LOS. I was standing behind the tripod and moved over a few inches to get control back
Cleared2Engage is offline Find More Posts by Cleared2Engage
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by dragonlord57
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
HI .

I just set up my naza H on my 500 size heli , everything work fine and in the right way .

But i don't know if it's logical , my throttle move from 1000 to -1000 (right left) and my pitch move from left to right .

I'm using a graupner mx20 with gr24receiver.

I know some pilot had issue with the naza H when they try to use atti or gps the heli jump in the air or fall in the ground like crazy .

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english i'm french
dragonlord57 is offline Find More Posts by dragonlord57
Old Feb 06, 2015, 12:46 AM
Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Australia, VIC, Southbank
Joined Apr 2004
1,489 Posts
Anyone still using the Naza H ?

I just bought one for my flybar Trex 500.

It is intended for FPV, some scale flying and to replace my old Co-Pilot II.

Is it obsolete ?
mrfirkin is offline Find More Posts by mrfirkin
Old Feb 06, 2015, 04:25 AM
Find More Posts by gadorey
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfirkin View Post
Anyone still using the Naza H ?

I just bought one for my flybar Trex 500.

It is intended for FPV, some scale flying and to replace my old Co-Pilot II.

Is it obsolete ?
I have it on two of my scalers. It does work well, but does have some quirks. For me I can't get quite rid of small rocking back and forth. It's some stting or gain which I haven't been able to tune properly. But the main problem for me is the lack of support from DJI and that they completely gave up on further development and support.

Recently I tried the Spirit System and I am extremely happy with it. It comes out of the Czech Republic. I find the set up simpler and easier to understand than the NAZA. And the support is great! Any questions you have are promptly answered on the forum on their web site. Compared to the Naza it has the equivalent of Manual and atti, but no GPS. However the Atti stabilization is very good. Really very good. It also has a rescue mode - you program any switch and when you press it the heli goes to horizontal and shoots up away from the ground - in a blink of an eye! It also does it upside down, but that is for 3D rather than scale flight so I haven't tried it. Anyway, I was so happy with it I ordered a second one for a 500 size Cobra I'm building at the moment. And it's much cheaper than the NAZA (granted without GPS)
gadorey is offline Find More Posts by gadorey
Old Feb 06, 2015, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Mapoff
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
841 Posts
I recently went to a custom heli parts EDL 700 frame which is direct to swash. All the nodding went away. Before when setting my cyclic the highest number was 44. I did put some really small servo wheels on and moved the linkage in as close as possible. I got the cyclic near 60. With the 20mm servo arms direct to swash I'm getting 70. All my rocking was probably due to the linkage traveling too far and over correcting.

The EDL frame is nice and smooth even with all the weight.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old Feb 06, 2015, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by gadorey
China, Shanghai
Joined May 2011
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapoff View Post
I recently went to a custom heli parts EDL 700 frame which is direct to swash. All the nodding went away. Before when setting my cyclic the highest number was 44. I did put some really small servo wheels on and moved the linkage in as close as possible. I got the cyclic near 60. With the 20mm servo arms direct to swash I'm getting 70. All my rocking was probably due to the linkage traveling too far and over correcting.

The EDL frame is nice and smooth even with all the weight.
That's interesting. I might have to try that next, with the shorter servo arms. Thanks for the idea.
gadorey is offline Find More Posts by gadorey
Old Feb 06, 2015, 11:43 PM
Find More Posts by Mapoff
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
841 Posts
Now if I use 100% on my atti gains it's rocking all over. I went to 40% atti gains and 20% agility. My interpretation of agility is how fast does it try to self level when something like wind pushes it off.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff
Old Feb 16, 2015, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by Airworks
Helicopters
United States, MA, Adams
Joined Oct 2008
648 Posts
ug nope!!!!! , get yourself one of the usb cables that has the adapter end. that way the cable will unhook from itself leaving the adapter side on the usb port. haha
Airworks is offline Find More Posts by Airworks
Old Mar 11, 2015, 01:24 PM
Find More Posts by Barack Obama
Joined Aug 2014
34 Posts
Hello guys,

My Naza feels a bit wobbely in atti mode. It doesn't wobble when it hovers, but when I do a stick input, it does. I don't know if you know what I mean... it hold position well but doesn't fell locked.

Which parameter schould I try to adjust ? It's a t-rex 550. In manual mode or even GPS mode , everything is fine.

Thanks for your help !
Barack Obama is offline Find More Posts by Barack Obama
Old Mar 11, 2015, 02:26 PM
Find More Posts by Khosravi
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2004
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post
Hello guys,

My Naza feels a bit wobbely in atti mode. It doesn't wobble when it hovers, but when I do a stick input, it does. I don't know if you know what I mean... it hold position well but doesn't fell locked.

Which parameter schould I try to adjust ? It's a t-rex 550. In manual mode or even GPS mode , everything is fine.

Thanks for your help !
Mr. President,
If it works well in GPS mode, it should also work in ATTI mode. They are very similar modes. What gain settings do you have?
Khosravi is offline Find More Posts by Khosravi
Old Mar 11, 2015, 03:15 PM
Joined Aug 2014
34 Posts
Quote:
Mr. President,
If it works well in GPS mode, it should also work in ATTI mode. They are very similar modes. What gain settings do you have?
Dear Citizen,

The auto pilot gains are 110 % FB / LR and the FBL gains are 120% FB/LR.

I suppose that the problem is less noticable in GPS mode because of the smothered pilot inputs.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by Khosravi
Chris Khosravi - KK4LJH
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2004
969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post
Dear Citizen,

The auto pilot gains are 110 % FB / LR and the FBL gains are 120% FB/LR.

I suppose that the problem is less noticable in GPS mode because of the smothered pilot inputs.
Mr. President,
Verify that in the NAZA assistant, when it asks to limit the cyclic throws to 6.5 degrees, that the rotor blades do in fact tilt 6.5 degrees. This 6.5 degrees is important because the Naza is able to scale the servo pwm output to match desired rotor head angles off of this number. For example, if you measure 8 degrees of cyclic, then when flying, if the naza needs to output 6.5 degrees of rotation, it really outputs the 8. Hope what I'm saying makes sense.
Khosravi is offline Find More Posts by Khosravi
Old Mar 11, 2015, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2014
34 Posts
Quote:
Mr. President,
Verify that in the NAZA assistant, when it asks to limit the cyclic throws to 6.5 degrees, that the rotor blades do in fact tilt 6.5 degrees. This 6.5 degrees is important because the Naza is able to scale the servo pwm output to match desired rotor head angles off of this number. For example, if you measure 8 degrees of cyclic, then when flying, if the naza needs to output 6.5 degrees of rotation, it really outputs the 8. Hope what I'm saying makes sense.
Dear Citizen,

Yes, it makes sense. Well I remember that I double-checked that 6,5 degrees setting twice when I configured the helicopter. But I'll check it again.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:50 AM
Joined Aug 2014
34 Posts
Looks like you were right. The rotor blades tilted 7.5 degrees, not 6.5 as it should be. I re- adjusted them to 6.5 degrees and now the weird oscillation is gone.

Thanks for your help !