New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:37 AM
Find More Posts by kinemax
Poland, Masovian Voivodeship, Warsaw
Joined Mar 2006
146 Posts
Hello all!
My PNF version (no stabiliser) arrived today. I've got strange 5 -wire connectors on servos named HK-02B. Tried to connect simply first 3 wires (black, red & white in standard order), but after connecting battery (TX-RX binded, TX switched on), both servos goes extreme positions and after trying to move the Ail/Ele stick, the ESC starts strange loude noise, while throttle stick works fine.
Anybody had similar problem ? I've tried to look for it but cannot find proper keywords
Update:
Tried to connect both other remaining wires as signal (yellow and brown, one at a time ), with just the same result. What's going on with these servos ?!?

Edit:
It looks like this servos can be operated by original stabiliser ONLY. They are probably "toy servos" without electronics, to be operated by AIO receiver/stabiliser/servo-controler boards, so selling this kind of PNF set w/out stabiliser makes no sense at all. Servos need immediate exchange to normal ones...
kinemax is offline Find More Posts by kinemax
Last edited by kinemax; Mar 27, 2015 at 07:50 AM. Reason: new info
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2015, 03:29 AM
Find More Posts by kinemax
Poland, Masovian Voivodeship, Warsaw
Joined Mar 2006
146 Posts
Now I know That's manufacturers mistake, so if you have same story, you shall replace servos with normal ones (HK 3,7g works fine in my case) and ask for servo value refund (which I received within 2 days).
Generally plane flies very nicely with stabiliser (I've put Lemon stabilised RX), but is difficult to manage without it.
When I changed the prop to stiff 4,75x4,75, model is faster and quieter (!!!), but looks like original ESC haven't survivied bigger prop
kinemax is offline Find More Posts by kinemax
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:29 PM
Find More Posts by TheCure
Wats the worst that can happen
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Jan 2009
565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
Just took it out yesterday.
For a relatively heavy small model, it launched perfectly, with authority!
It floated almost as well as my stock PJII. Amazing airframe. One of my favourites for sure.

So, the 3D-printed motor mounts held up very nicely. They also prevented the nose from pointing skyward as throttle was applied (like the original motor mounts do).

The top speed unfortunately wasn't on par with my friend's 4s/3500kv 6x4 Multiplex funjet. 2nd flight it went spiralling down into tall grass. The propellor nut backed off.

I think it needs a reversed thread prop shaft mount & nut. It's doubtful I'll find one of these. So, not sure what to do next.
I ended up locktiting the prop nut.
This time in a dive it may have got to 200km/h. However, when pulling out of said dive it ripped an airleron clean off. The plane spiralled into the ground with surprisingly little damage.
I may craft some small airlerons from balsa and install hinges before the next runs.
TheCure is offline Find More Posts by TheCure