SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2014, 04:35 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2013
9 Posts
Yippee!
Agriculture Startup

I work for a company that does Aerial Photography and Videography for many different areas but we only own multirotors and I would like to surprise my boss with a mission capable NVDI Imaging and mapping aircraft so we can expand and grow!
I love the entertainment side but now I want to tackle the science! Agriculture and surface mapping to be exact!

I would love the support and I would also like to thank the rc community because we have gained so much in the past few years that it has turned my 8 year hobby into a career. As a young modeller I think thats the best thing in the world!

Anywho, check out this kickstarter. This is me, doing what I can to keep this hobby alive and contributing to science and entertainment!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...67/agr-startup
Toxic_G is offline Find More Posts by Toxic_G
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:59 AM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
464 Posts
Good Luck! What type of airframe/airframes are you thinking about using?
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:23 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Mar 2013
9 Posts
I really love how well the Multiplex airplanes are designed and I have a few options. I can use an Easy Glider Pro but that would increase the space needed to take off and land.
I also have my eyes on the Magister too. A more suitable option for payload.
Lastly I may opt for a Skywalker 1680. The carbon fiber version can pack away easily and use full deflection flaps for STOL and large payloads.

All airframes are around the $200 mark which is perfect and fits my budget.
I am still calculating motor combos and voltages.
I'm getting a lot better at calculating wether a plane will fly or not on paper first before any buying or flying. It saves a lot of time and money.
Toxic_G is offline Find More Posts by Toxic_G
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:02 AM
Crash....Fix......repeat.
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Jan 2012
464 Posts
Thats definitely a good thing to be good at. But also as your finding out, there is a wealth of knowledge here on RCG. I'm not sure if you've come across this website before, but check out flightriot.com, there is a ton of info on mapping, setups and cameras.

There are a lot of airframe options out there as I'm finding out as well. I've been researching a mapping airframe for some time now. The skywalker has loads of room for payload, and flight times are pretty good with the right setup. I've even been considering products from Bormatec, even though their prices a little high, their airframes are engineered in a way they would suite my needs very well.
kokopropelli is offline Find More Posts by kokopropelli