SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
Near-Earth object
United States, NC, Castle Hayne
Joined Sep 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
That doesn't balance then does it? I don't have a charger that doesn't expect all cells to be connected.

Yeah, I could change the plug on the plane, but I don't have any spare male plugs that fit my other batteries' balance plugs or female plugs to put on the batteries that fit my charger for other 2S batteries either. The only LHS seems to be geared towards cars only, so I don't know what they have. (We just moved to NC from MI.)

If I had a female balance plug like the one on the plane and a male plug that fits the batteries, I could make something to work with my chargers...

Owen

Owen. P.M. me. I live in Castle Hayne and have the charging cable from HH for the batteries, two batteries and a crashed UMX Pitts I am no longer interested in.
bluecnc is offline Find More Posts by bluecnc
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Sep 2012
1,599 Posts
what kind of chargers do you have?
would this work?
LowlyElevated is online now Find More Posts by LowlyElevated
Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2012
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowlyElevated View Post
what kind of chargers do you have?
would this work?
That looks like it though the plugs are a little hard to see. I'll see what bluecnc has first.

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Yesterday, 06:27 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2013
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
That looks like it though the plugs are a little hard to see. I'll see what bluecnc has first.

Owen
I think we are all suggesting the same thing. It is just balance plug (normal), and banana plug (normal), tied to e-flite weirdo-inconvenient-plug (abnormal). It should work with any charger that can take banana plug and balance plug, or even with a simple low-current charger that charges only through the balance plug.

By the way, it does require a particular order, at least on my charger. I put in the banana plug in the charger first, because it would be stupid to plug in a battery and have loose banana male connectors banging about. Then I plug in the battery, because if I plug in the balance plug, the charger freaks out (it doesn't like balance plug connected to banana outputs without a battery there). Then I plug in the balance plug. When done, reverse the process. At least my charger will scream if I don't do it in that order. Have fun.
GringoTuerto is offline Find More Posts by GringoTuerto
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
13,036 Posts
Owen,

Which charger do you have?

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,392 Posts
See, this is why I can't have nice things.

That's not a twig laying on the runway, nooooooo...although it sure does disguise itself as one very nicely.

It's a friggin' aircraft carrier arrestor hook. And it does a damn good job

I pulled on it after it ate the rudder and another 18" came out of the ground. Good thing I was shooting touch & goes I guess.

Sincerely,
Ben, who always has a backlog of airplanes to fix
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2012
1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Owen,

Which charger do you have?

Joel
Hi

I have the Sigma EQ mini, but I may have to get a new one anyway as the screen has gone dead and it was set for my 1600 & 2200 batteries and now I have now way of changing the settings. I'll take the lid off and have a look first though. It might just be a loose contact.

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post

That's not a twig laying on the runway, nooooooo...although it sure does disguise itself as one very nicely.

I pulled on it after it ate the rudder and another 18" came out of the ground. Good thing I was shooting touch & goes I guess.

Sincerely,
LOL!! looks like a fairly simple repair..
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
13,036 Posts
Ben,

Sorry to hear about that! Seems like you've had more than your share of bad luck with RC stuff, lately. Hope you're able to get her patched-up OK.

Owen,

That charger has XH-style balance connectors, so you'll need one of the following UMX charge harnesses, which have the XH balance connector. If you end up going with a new charger, order it with XH balance connectors, as they're the most popular:

http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...i4jaauuvk6kfa4

http://www.horizonhobby.com/charger-...-efl-efla700um

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
2,414 Posts
Quote:

Sincerely,
Dang Ben U sure do have a lot Misshaps that R Not your fault For the last 2 months have been flying my edge qq and umx planes in yard and landing in the dead grass with no issues with any of my Tailwheels..Kinda feel bad for U ..Small mishaps like that piss me off also
dalecheek1 is offline Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowlyElevated View Post
LOL!! looks like a fairly simple repair..
Yeah, except for the broken control horn, will have to figure that one out

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Ben,

Sorry to hear about that! Seems like you've had more than your share of bad luck with RC stuff, lately. Hope you're able to get her patched-up OK.

Joel
Thanks Joel I'm sure it'll be fine. I dumb thumbed my Beastie #2 and ripped the bottom wing off. Sure knocked the new off of that one. I hit hard enough to tear the packing tape that extends the length of the leading edge.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
My plane is 5ft BGL!
Joined Sep 2012
1,599 Posts
need some UMX control horns? I'll strip a couple off my now-defunct Mig for you this weekend and get them in the mail to you.
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,705 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, except for the broken control horn, will have to figure that one out

Thanks Joel I'm sure it'll be fine. I dumb thumbed my Beastie #2 and ripped the bottom wing off. Sure knocked the new off of that one. I hit hard enough to tear the packing tape that extends the length of the leading edge.
My Beast was so ratty that the other day when I pranged it and split the fuse, I just finally treated myself to a brandy-new one. Problem was, it took a motor change (to the quiet 2300 and GWS prop), tweaking aileron holes, and a few other little tweaks to get it to fly anything near as well as the old beater! But it sure is nice to get a beautiful new airframe up there.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
3,044 Posts
Yeah the PITTs have landed.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:56 AM
Aimin at the ground an missing
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2014
290 Posts
I'm with ya there, Bhoov. I'm realizing that by the 'old guy' standards in my club, that I fly recklessly . Frank Mckrindle, the LHS owner, keeps saying you eventually get to a
Point where you just take it easy and "just don't crash". But his planes are built masterpieces worth $$$$. I, on the other hand, tire of making right hand turns, and start pulling stunts, and low, so they look cooler, and soon, my ARF 3D ship is on the bench for repair. And I'm okay with that! That's partly where my call sign comes from. Built from spare parts. Lol
The Jackalope is offline Find More Posts by The Jackalope