View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 02, 2015, 12:58 PM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,327 Posts
I run a Futaba servo on my rudder because the slot was cut to fit,i'd have no quams using a Hitec,for fun I put one of these in a boat.The owner knows no better gave him the whole speel that it works underwater for an hour IP67 whatever that means and he ain't moainin.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2kg_0_17s.html
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2015, 04:38 PM
Joined May 2013
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen View Post
Hitech make great servos.
And the digital ones you can program externally: dead band width, speed, epa... all that stuff. The programmer unit costs about 80 bucks, depending on where you buy it.
Emintaka is offline Find More Posts by Emintaka
Last edited by Emintaka; Mar 02, 2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2015, 04:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
252 Posts
I think this is the right place to bring this up. I just took a quick look at the IRSA website. It seems that they have passed a new provision where they are paying out of IRSA funds the personal airfare and a per diem so that an IRSA rep can attend the IOM Worlds. Smells like an unnecessary junket to me and a bad use of the IRSA dues and fees (if any) paid by the IOM Worlds. And it seems a particularly unnecessary expense in today's age of skype and a camera in virtually every phone and computer....
Tom Corbett is offline Find More Posts by Tom Corbett
Last edited by Tom Corbett; Mar 03, 2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old Mar 03, 2015, 10:40 PM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Jan 2014
234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Corbett View Post
I think this is the right place to bring this up. I just took a quick look at the IRSA website. It seems that they have passed a new provision where they are paying out of IRSA funds the personal airfare and a per diem so that an IRSA rep can attend the IOM Worlds. Smells like an unnecessary junket to me and a bad use of the IRSA dues and fees (if any) paid by the IOM Worlds. And it seems a particularly unnecessary expense in today's age of skype and a camera in virtually every phone and computer....
It would seem that at least one person attending the race to either race or help must be involved with IRSA and could report to IRSA whatever it is IRSA is interested in knowing. No additional cost to anyone.

Where does IRSA get their money?
The Enigma is offline Find More Posts by The Enigma
Old Mar 03, 2015, 11:10 PM
Canada, BC, Strathcona
Joined Jul 2011
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Enigma View Post
It would seem that at least one person attending the race to either race or help must be involved with IRSA and could report to IRSA whatever it is IRSA is interested in knowing. No additional cost to anyone.

Where does IRSA get their money?
Each member country pays annual 'dues' to the IRSA based on the number of members they have. However, the IRSA has not levied 'dues' for a number of years as they did not need any money, they had money in the bank. The IRSA also gets a fee froma class that is hosting a World Championship. So the IOMICA pays the iRSA for the right to host the worlds in Foster City. This is the source of the funds to cover the cost of the on-sight IRSA Rep.

The IRSA motion about the observer suggests that the nearest IRSA member should be the designated person - Jim Atkinson is the IRSA Officer of the Americas and is the closest IRSA officer to the event. He lives in California.

John
hiljoball is offline Find More Posts by hiljoball
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
252 Posts
I'm not sure if that suggestion is being followed. I've heard that the IRSA Chsirman from the UK is going to attend the upcoming Iom Worlds, but I could be wrong.
Tom Corbett is offline Find More Posts by Tom Corbett
Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2005
889 Posts
you probably are wrong!
ToniGe23 is offline Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Last edited by ToniGe23; Yesterday at 02:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Canada, BC, Strathcona
Joined Jul 2011
567 Posts
2015 USA IOM National Class Championship Regatta. Hood River Carnage Jul 17-19. The NOR is available for download

http://www.iomusa.org/forum/download/file.php?id=199

Online Registration is available. The AMYA registration using PayPal is enabled, and can be linked here:

http://form.jotformpro.com/form/50623358097964

John
hiljoball is offline Find More Posts by hiljoball