HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gary Evans, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
Videographer/Product Reviews
Joined Oct 2012
1,722 Posts
A local company videoed some of the utter destruction still occurring in connection with the Carlton/Pateros/Brewster forest fire in North Central Washington state.

Carlton Pateros Brewster Fire Devastation 2014 (4 min 25 sec)

Most of the major national networks have rebroadcast the footage.

Interestingly, a local station who also showed the footage described it as being taken by an "unmanned aerial vehicle," rather than a drone.
daskim is offline Find More Posts by daskim
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c131frdave View Post
Since you are into law and IT, you should create a massive searchable database for case law and charge $5/minute. lol I'll help.
lol. Those services already exist, called LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Casemaker. The first two are way too expensive for me to ever afford a subscription to unless I worked for a law firm that subscribed to them, and Casemaker is provided with a bar association membership, which just isn't worth continuing to pay for if I'm not actively practicing law. Google Scholar also has legal cases, but it's much more limited than any of the others in what it can do, and isn't very useful unless you already know the names of all the cases you're searching for.
prelator is online now Find More Posts by prelator
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
37 Posts
Prelator,
nicely done. Thank You.

Wwd
wwd is offline Find More Posts by wwd
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
There. Just submitted my 16-page rebuttal to the FAA's interpretation.
How would I describe it? The pièce de résistance.

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
lol. Those services already exist, called LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Casemaker. The first two are way too expensive for me to ever afford a subscription to unless I worked for a law firm that subscribed to them, and Casemaker is provided with a bar association membership, which just isn't worth continuing to pay for if I'm not actively practicing law. Google Scholar also has legal cases, but it's much more limited than any of the others in what it can do, and isn't very useful unless you already know the names of all the cases you're searching for.
He he - I am part of the Westlaw Team :-) which is pretty much the standard :-)
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi