HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:15 PM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Discussion
3-axis Gyro Stabilization for plane?

BillPA:

Is there a possibility of making it available from EagleTree?

I know there is the Guardian 2D/3D which has this capability but, what I am asking is maybe a more simplified version of it. All that is needed is a 3-axis stabilization, with no need for Self-leveling and no need for Heading Hold. Just to help smooth out the effect of strong wind. This may not even need the PC software to setup. Maybe just micro switches to reverse the gyro compensation and micro pots to tune the gyro gains.

I think this will be very useful for those who only need something to help them fly in strong winds but do not need the help of self-leveling or heading hold features. This will be simpler to setup and at lower cost.

I know there are already systems like this in the market, but if EagleTree have plans to introduce one then it would be great to know.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Rico.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi Rico,

Thanks for this feedback. We'll definitely consider this.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor