Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:17 AM
Hong Kong, New Territories
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Yes, It is true, but anyone who want to have speed then will have high frequency!
But the manufacture does not care about that!
omgsales is offline Find More Posts by omgsales
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:27 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,223 Posts
If a manufacture does not care about frequency compatibility, then maybe they should make something else.
Yes, servo speed, and frequency are somewhat related. But the issue is that "speed" is relative. What one person thinks is fast, is normal for another. And that it has to be compatible with other manufactures products. If they do not give the spec its harder to know if it will work with others products.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:48 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsales View Post
Yes, It is true, but anyone who want to have speed then will have high frequency!
But the manufacture does not care about that!
Frequency and bandwith of servos should be a very important issue for any servo manufacturer today. And understanding how it is related to the various helicopter products, from gyros to FBL units would be a must in my view. I would be very skeptical about the knowledge of any manufacturer that is not fully cognizant of these technologies.

I see omp is involved in the sales of servos as becomes obvious from this thread here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1802438

So I personally would not be interested in the purchase of any of them. I would strongly suspect servo problems that may come from their further misunderstandings of making servos for the market today, from the importance of using good motors that are reliable in all types of vibrating environments to the quality of components on their circuit boards that are key to reliability.

As a world class heli competitor told me many years ago. "a slow servo or even one with some slop in the gear train will not crash a heli, but an unreliable servo always will.". And believe me, over the years, after trying many servos, I have found he was right on the money with that statement
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
I don't why Rotor is so angry.
If you are not satisfied, you can try others.
You can try anything you want, but please don't ask other to refuse the new servos as you.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:43 PM
Joined Aug 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
If a manufacture does not care about frequency compatibility, then maybe they should make something else.
Yes, servo speed, and frequency are somewhat related. But the issue is that "speed" is relative. What one person thinks is fast, is normal for another. And that it has to be compatible with other manufactures products. If they do not give the spec its harder to know if it will work with others products.
Yes, Rob,
When servo manufacuturer make servos, they will think about the servo motor speed, gear ratio, motor frequency and the circuit together.
Because the good quality servo need more torque at high speed. So the motor important thing they should think is the all four. not only the frequency!
Anyway, the frequnecy is a important data, but it is not the top important!
Thanks for your comments, Rob!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 05:06 AM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
OMG, more so the importance lies on the manufacture to publish the frequency data, so that when using with various gyros,other servos, etc, the set up is proper.
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:02 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsales View Post
I don't why Rotor is so angry.
If you are not satisfied, you can try others.
You can try anything you want, but please don't ask other to refuse the new servos as you.
I was not angry then, but now, after following your two threads here on RCG, I am becoming so.

Why? Because I have seen a lot of newbies and less informed people, get sucked into buying unreliable servos from such threads and posts of sales people like yourself. These consumers, and also these fringe manufacturers and their sales people, do not yet have the experience to understand the dangers and risks of operating a heli using unreliable servos. Sooner or later they will witness an event that causes injury or almost does so, if they are lucky, and then they hopefully will understand.

I know that there are many servo manufactures that make the same looking servos, at different prices, for branding by different sellers. I know this because I have been involved in the past, with a number of test programs for these products. What I have seen, is servos that look the same from the outside, but have less reliable (read less costly to manufacture) components on the inside.

Of course, this means that one servo that looks a lot like another, and may even have better specs (which I have found in some cases where very misleading), is a lot less money. This servo is dangerous due to its unreliability. So for the less wary, they would be hard pressed to see the difference solely from the outside appearance. They would be under the impression that they are getting a good deal when they really are not.
rotoraddict is offline Find More Posts by rotoraddict
Last edited by rotoraddict; Jan 15, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:40 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,223 Posts
And its a question about another brands servo, and the settings for it on another manufactures product. I do like manufactures representatives answering questions, but wish they would stick to there products, or areas of expertise.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob