Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:24 AM
Our Work Is Never Over
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2012
322 Posts
Discussion
hobbyking international (registered) airmail "how long it takes"

When Got this shipping I was in no rush i figured 1-3 weeks, I am hitting two weeks on one of these packages and its never left china...ROFL.

Also hobby-king is very misleading they say 7-21 days on the website

But the email invoice says packages could take up to 40 days to arrive? are they shipping them by carrier mule ?

Mostly this thread will be me giving and updated shipping time using airmail all the reviews of this service I see here on RCgroups are completely outdated from 2009. I will respond to this thread the day my packages arrive =)
I live 20 minutes outside of Washington DC in the USA about 5 hours from my countries customs office.

Package #1
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=RC149118144HK

Package #2
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=RC149244479HK
Blusky1 is offline Find More Posts by Blusky1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Aug 2012
116 Posts
I usually only buy from HK as a last resort, because of the shipping (both shipping time and cost) Right now I have 3 orders, all from 2-3 weeks ago. Two show they finally left china, and I'll hopefully have them by years end. The third, most important order still gives no info on tracking, unless I'm trying to track from the incorrect website? CP862411626HK
flameout00 is offline Find More Posts by flameout00
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:12 PM
Our Work Is Never Over
Joined May 2012
322 Posts
Yep my first order is at the 14 day mark today and still in china, My other order is at a week day 7, After hearing people say o yea hobby king registered Airmail it comes in 10-14 days I am seeing that's completely false.

I am just hoping I get my orders in 3 weeks but it sitting in china for 2+ weeks on the first box that does not look very likely.

I ordered 10x 9050 GWS props from headsup rc a local shop in the states on sunday they came on tue and the shipping was $2.00

I think this will be my last order with hoboking for while unless its stocked in there USA warehouse. I will find usa supplies a little more is worth the ridiculous shipping costs and time.

An example of hobokings ridiculous shipping costs.
To Ems express this single 2pc bag of 9050 GWS props is $27.25
Thats laughable. So a 1.97 item they want 27.25 to ship...?
Dont belive me try it yourself i live in the USA
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2pc_pack_.html
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Blusky1; Dec 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:53 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,083 Posts
This is a very busy time for the international warehouse. You have to keep in mind, the shipping information might not update/usually doesnt update until it hits customs. I have had packages arrive saying that they were still being prepared for shipment. Its on the courier to update the shipping info. International shipping is always a gamble if you dont pay for ems. I have had packages take ~10 days, I have had packages take a month. It just all depends on how busy/backed up they are. I hope you get your stuff soon!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Jul 2010
3 Posts
Hobbyking do not care of customers

I set an order in June, I cancelled, they said I was going to get my money back in a month it has been six month my credit card has not been credited yet, I called they keep you for hours with no answer at all, I wrote to them they said I was going to get my money back in 10 days, I am waiting.
In my last order I paid 65 dollars for EMS mail they send it not through this mail but through regular mail it has been almost 40 days and again all kind of excuses, they gave me another tracking number and up to now I have lost more than 400 dollars and they do not care about us as customers
I asked an strait question why if you charge me 65 dollars for EMS mail you send it through regular mail? what I get for answer nothing they decided just to remain quiet.
I hope if this is happening with other customers at some point of time RC groups do not take publicity of this company that are taking money away from customers.
helicolombia is offline Find More Posts by helicolombia
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
I ordered something December 2nd, as of today it finally went to the stage of "processed through facility" so I am in the same boat as you. Usually it doesnt take this long. Sometimes its like a week sometimes its like 3 weeks for me. I would imagine you will have your package by the end of next week
matchpoint is offline Find More Posts by matchpoint
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:47 AM
Joined Jul 2012
168 Posts
i ordered the hk190 6 weeks ago, its still not here, expect nothing but dissapointment from this joke of a company
Andyclayton is online now Find More Posts by Andyclayton
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:06 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Anyone would think it's nearly christmas or something.......
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:12 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
Anyone would think it's nearly christmas or something.......
Yeah you would of though so wouldn't you,we see the same sort of posts around Christmas time and lets not forget the CNY,people will always get caught out over Christmas and the Chinese New Year,then come on the forums and complain,it's just that time of year when the postal service gets swapped down with post and no doubt the same with HK,i suspect people have been putting in there xmas orders in and then HK gets swapped down too.

It's just one of them things and no one is to blame even though some will blame HK,having said that some would even blame HK for the weather.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:34 PM
Our Work Is Never Over
Joined May 2012
322 Posts
I am not here to blame anyone, i am here to give examples to those who are interested in how long Airmail takes. Day 18 here and nothing has arrived.
This Thread is "hobbyking international (registered) airmail "how long it takes"
I have a few small things to order after new year and ill give examples of how slow or fast HK shipping is without the holiday rush

I still stand behind the 27 dollar shipping for a 1.97 prop as laughable. it should be over night for that price
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusky1 View Post

I still stand behind the 27 dollar shipping for a 1.97 prop as laughable. it should be over night for that price

It's $19, and that's the standard fare for EMS 500g and under. $27 is for EMS 1kg and under.

You can buy a 1 gram CA tip and it still costs $19 EMS, everything is done by weight
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:34 PM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor_Racer View Post

It's $19, and that's the standard fare for EMS 500g and under. $27 is for EMS 1kg and under.

You can buy a 1 gram CA tip and it still costs $19 EMS, everything is done by weight
precisely!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:05 PM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
looks like your first package showed up today. Congrats. I still dont think its that bad. It's just this time of year which sucks
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:49 PM
Our Work Is Never Over
Joined May 2012
322 Posts
Yep #1 arrived it took 20 days via hobbyking international (registered) airmail.
For those wondering how long it takes I live in the USA in the state VA. Now waiting on #2 will also give time on that one two packages will give us a good average est of how long it takes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Oct 2012
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusky1 View Post
Yep #1 arrived it took 20 days via hobbyking international (registered) airmail.
For those wondering how long it takes I live in the USA in the state VA. Now waiting on #2 will also give time on that one two packages will give us a good average est of how long it takes.
mine went out on the same day as your second package. I live in Cali and still havent got mine. I am curious if you will get yours before me haha