HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2010, 10:39 AM
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
Question
DX6i Problem

I recently bought the spektrum DX6i transmiter and AR6200 reciever. When I try to bind them everything does what its supposed to do but after nothing works. The lights on the reciever go on so i know its working but none of the servos or motor will work. I know that its nothing wrong with the servos because when I connect them to my other reciever & transmitter everything works perfectly. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? or is it the reciever or transmiter that is broken?
Liquid14 is offline Find More Posts by Liquid14
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:00 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,192 Posts
Double and triple check your binding steps. If once you have turned on your TX and then the RX and yhou get a solid LED it should be connected.

Take a looks at the servo monitor screen in the DX6i menu and check to see if the sliders move according to the sticks.

You may need to get a spare RX to swap and double check which one my be diffective.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jul 01, 2010, 02:39 PM
Marion
USA, NC, Hillsborough
Joined Oct 2003
1,015 Posts
Also make sure the servos are plugged in the right orientation. Plugged in backwards will cause no harm, but they simply will not work.
Marion is offline Find More Posts by Marion
Old Jul 02, 2010, 12:38 AM
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
@Marion: You are my new hero!! I was so frustrated and it was all because I put the servo in the wrong way!
Old Jul 02, 2010, 05:36 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,192 Posts
Glad you got it working but your post was confusing, cause you say the RX is working but nothing esle SERVO & MOTOR does not. How are you powering the RX? ESC with bec or RX pack, either way would mean that you atleast plug the ESC/BEC or RX pack in the right way for the RX to work but yet you would plug the servo in the wrong way.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 08:33 AM
Joined Jul 2010
8 Posts
sorry. I used the ESC to power the reciever with the battery attached. I dont know how it worked but no matter what way I pluged in the ESC the reciever would turn on or atleast the lights would blink and thats another way I was getting mad because the reciever lights would blink but they wouldn't go solid after binding. I'm new to the spektrum stuff so I've made some stupid mistakes with it :P thanks for your help though.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:09 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,192 Posts
Its not a stupid mistake, dont worry about it. It happens to the best every know and then.

Glad you got it figured out and happy flying.