6 Posts
Guys thank you for the replies!
scruffy1972 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1972
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 07:15 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
There are a few prnter settings that need to be checked when printing tiled plans. Mainly you do not want it to scale to fit.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Jun 17, 2014, 03:32 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
There are a few prnter settings that need to be checked when printing tiled plans. Mainly you do not want it to scale to fit.
Mike
And there's a nice inches scale printed on the plans. Check that against a ruler.

I'm good at fiddling with printer settings and taping things together, but now that I know about it I would also go the full scale print route.
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Jun 22, 2014, 05:36 PM
crash expert
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2014
208 Posts
Hi guys I have 20 of these about to be cut out
I have half 20kg/m3 and half 30kg/m3 EPP in sheet form
Im thinking 30 for the wings and 20 for the fuse?
(30 will be stiffer)
felixx is offline Find More Posts by felixx
Old Jul 15, 2014, 03:28 AM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
45" Wingspan EZFly

Just finished building the 45" under cambered wing EZFly. Borrowed the plans for the under camber from balsa or carbon . Airframe alone weighs in at 150 gms. Shez is not pretty, but its my first trainer plane . I'll make a prettier one later. I'm going with the following electronics.
1. EMAX GT2205 KV1660 Outrunner http://www.emaxmodel.com/views.asp?hw_id=14
2. Hobbywing FlyFun 12A Brushless ESC
3. Two 4.3g digital servos
4. 2S 850/1100 mAh Battery

Prop slot has been increased to accomodate a 8X4 prop. Also trying to keep the AUW below 300gm Suggestions are welcome
HCUBE is offline Find More Posts by HCUBE
Old Jul 15, 2014, 03:44 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Looks good to me ! Let us know how she flies , with video if possible .

Al
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Jul 15, 2014, 06:30 AM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Thank you Al . Wanted to know the correct CG for the under-cambered wing.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 01:11 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCUBE View Post
Thank you Al . Wanted to know the correct CG for the under-cambered wing.
The apex of the wing is a good starting point , then adjust as necessary on the first flight .
Old Jul 15, 2014, 02:51 PM
United States, FL, Doral
Joined Nov 2013
104 Posts
HCUBE

That one looks good

BTW Albert...the other day I was checking your video of the Twin EZF...do you have some pictures of this one and comments / details? Is because I have a pair of Hex 1300kv here and I've beeing thinking in build a twin

Also I was playing a little with the original plans, duplicating the fuse like the attached picture, just to retain the protected prop set up which I think is the most valuable addition of this wonderfull design for newbies like me, however I'm not sure if such crazy mod like that could somehow works
TIRCQ is online now Find More Posts by TIRCQ
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:23 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIRCQ View Post
HCUBE

That one looks good

BTW Albert...the other day I was checking your video of the Twin EZF...do you have some pictures of this one and comments / details? Is because I have a pair of Hex 1300kv here and I've beeing thinking in build a twin

Also I was playing a little with the original plans, duplicating the fuse like the attached picture, just to retain the protected prop set up which I think is the most valuable addition of this wonderfull design for newbies like me, however I'm not sure if such crazy mod like that could somehow works
That would be a very cool plane , you should definitely make it ! And of course we want to see the video results !

Putting two motors on a plane is pretty straight forward . Each motor needs it's own ESC , make a " Y " harness to connect both ESC's to one battery ( or you could use two batteries , one for each ESC ) .

And you'll need to also have a " Y " harness to connect both ESC's to the throttle channel on the receiver , just disable the " + " ( usually red ) wire on ONE of the ESC's so only the BEC of the other one will power your receiver and servos .

Also , you can set the plane up to have yaw ( turning left and right ) control with differential thrust between the two motors , that way you won't need to attach servos to or hinge the two rudders . That would require mixing the throttle and rudder ( or aileron ) channels .

Al
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:10 AM
United States, FL, Doral
Joined Nov 2013
104 Posts
Yup I think I may try it... is the only way to know if will works
TIRCQ is online now Find More Posts by TIRCQ
Old Jul 16, 2014, 03:33 PM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIRCQ View Post
HCUBE

That one looks good

Thank you TIRCQ . That Twin EZFly looks sweet! Waiting for you to build one
Old Jul 16, 2014, 03:38 PM
Joined Mar 2013
4 Posts
Done mounting the motor. Need opinions on the thrust angle. I feel the motor is mounted too high up.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:08 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCUBE View Post
Done mounting the motor. Need opinions on the thrust angle. I feel the motor is mounted too high up.
Looks fine to me .
Old Jul 17, 2014, 11:08 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,871 Posts
With zero thrust angle it should climb with power which is good when learning. If you want to reduce the climb then tilt the front of the stick mount down.
Mike
Fancyfoam
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead