Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 08, 2014, 11:24 AM
United States, IA, Harlan
Joined Jun 2014
10 Posts
Discussion
bomber plans

Hey all. Im new to building foam. My experience with it lies in assembling my 0p51d mustangs. But im not shy about trying to build a plane. I think it be a great way to understand and learn the physics of our hobby. Now iv flowen 3 ch aerobird extreme. A wild hawk 3 ch. And 2i 4 ch p51 mustangs. And i own all 4i of them.. im looking to build one because i enjoy projects. (Even though i just bought a fixxer up house). I want to build a bigger plane. 48 inch wing? 54? Two motors. Mounted on wing. Like the old school bombers. Thats acctully the. end design. Old prop powered bombers. Im thinkin add bomb drop doors in belly.. drop flour.. water balloon s or scrap the belly doors. Add rear bay door and build a cargo plane that can carry a RC car for miltary inspired landings. Land plane drop door and out comes the car . Maybe i should build one then add the extras. .a car.might be hard to carry.am i thinking unrealistic? I know i want to build a 2bigger prop bomber /cargo plane
greengorilla is offline Find More Posts by greengorilla
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2014, 12:54 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
12,791 Posts
Start with something relatively simple, like --

The Twins: multi purpose cargo plane

You have only recently started flying, and it's easy to get carried away.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray
Old Jul 08, 2014, 01:26 PM
Joined Apr 2013
405 Posts
Here's the thing about larger twins:
Even if the wing loading is quite low, the total kinetic energy on landing (even if you're landing at the same vertical sink rate as a lighter plane) is quite high because of the mass (momentum = mass x velocity).
The plane below has 7 oz per sq ft wing loading (quite low) and lands very slowly, but can really "hit hard" because of all that mass.
So try to keep it light, if possible.

Flight of RC vertical take-off twin engine (1 min 3 sec)
nuteman is offline Find More Posts by nuteman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My youtube channel