HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2014, 02:30 AM
Hungary, Heves County, Eger
Joined Jan 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalu84 View Post
Yeah, sorry ^^ 1000 mW (or a booster)?
The rated performace 1W, but the measured permonce is only 361mW.
You can read the details under the video.
rcbedrock is offline Find More Posts by rcbedrock
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 06:38 AM
Joined Aug 2013
122 Posts
we have the PNP set from factory for FX-79
recommend the Aomway 1W VTX PLUS 32 CHANNEL VRX with DVR function
you can find from FPVSTYLE.com
FPVSTYLE is offline Find More Posts by FPVSTYLE
Old Jul 02, 2014, 09:18 AM
Saudi Arabia, Makkah Province, Thuwal
Joined Aug 2012
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reble_45 View Post
Just a quick semi-build log here. Just got everything confirmed and double checked by a friend and ready for a maiden flight. Unfortunately the weather this weekend was not good for a maiden flight and Pixhawk tune flight. Setup is as follows. Pixhawk autopilot, TSLRS TX and RX, 1.5w 1.3ghz video TX from Readymade RC, Factory PNP combo, RFD900 telemetry, 5100mah 3S lipo, LED markers with strobeatrons from Readymade RC, Canon SD940IS for mapping camera, Dr. Mad Thrust series 5A HV BEC with Inbuilt Aux Controlled On/Off Switch (used to trigger camera via CHDK USB cable, Controlling with an FrSky Taranis. So far the build has gone VERY well. Very few issues, with the exception of burning out a MinmumOSD, which after researching, is a common issue for an unmodified board, and it appears the analog side has died. Also. my Gopro hero3 Black is no longer out putting video via the 10pin USB on either of the cables I have (one with video out and sound, the other without sound but it had the power in) not sure if its permanently screwed up or if its just from the burned out OSD. Here are some pics and videos. Some things have changed, and I will post updated pictures soon, as well as (hopefully) a maiden flight!

http://youtu.be/9P1zcOjuKX4
Hi!

Nice build! Did you ever get the pixhawk tuned!?

Thanks!
Pass1 is offline Find More Posts by Pass1
Old Jul 04, 2014, 02:14 AM
Maker
United States, IA, Waverly
Joined Dec 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass1 View Post
Hi!

Nice build! Did you ever get the pixhawk tuned!?

Thanks!
Unfortunately, i'm now having GPS issues, working with 3DR to get them sorted, currently it appears that the GPS is receiving no power, as I purchased a second GPS brick from 3DR only to find the same issue was still happening. But I did get it in the air again, and figured out some of my issues. I put a larger prop on it to get more static thrust, which helped. but it killed the battery life significantly, mostly because we realized the motor did not have enough upwards tilt, the build manual calls for 5 degrees, I'm closer to 1.5 degrees. Going to attempt to fix that with longer screws and washers. I used Gorilla glue to glue in the motor mount and foam cover, and that would be very difficult to remove with out damaging anything. I would suggest that New Zeda make that part a bit more fool proof. once I get the angle of thrust correct, it should fly much better. Oh, I should mention that the reason I crashed initially was due to the aircraft being very close to stall speeds at all times, which was causing unpredictable tip stalls in both directions nearly constantly. with the bigger prop, it was more stable, but was just "bulldozing", for lack of a better term, through the air. Also we turned throws down to around 75% across the board, which also helped quite a bit.
Reble_45 is offline Find More Posts by Reble_45
Old Jul 06, 2014, 02:02 AM
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Does the Buffalo have that annoying little flutter or bounce like the Phantom has when theres a bit of wind ? I glued in 3 additional spars on my Phantom and it still done it.
chris_p82 is offline Find More Posts by chris_p82