Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
Build Log
Carol Moran Dumas kit

I think its a dumas kit anyways I cut out the two hull halves today I will grab some binder clips from work tomorrow and glue it together. this looks like a fun little kit and will make a great pool boat for my clubs functions. I would have gotten more done today but I had to make what had become a storage room back into a workshop lol.
hazegry is offline Find More Posts by hazegry
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
I just looked through the instructions and it is a Dumas kit.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:56 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,373 Posts
Tim B. is online now Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:11 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,713 Posts
I'm waiting too.

I have a plug made up for a fiberglass version of that hull, and just wonder if there would be any interest in it.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
that's a possibility Kap can you pm me the details.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
ok put the hull together today the plans call for you to use binder clips to put the hull together. binder clips come out of the package like this

but its helpful to put the ears in the down position like the black one in this picture before you start working on the hull as its difficult to put them in this position with one hand while your holding the 2 halves in the proper alignment. The black clips were .88 for a pack of 12 at Wal-Mart and the silver ones were 3.88 for a pack of 70.

heres the hull all clamped up

I found it easier to clamp the hull in one spot move down a little bit and clamp there then fill in the gaps with the small clamps. This keeps you from having a hull that's way off at the other end due to a slight misalignment in the beginning.
Last edited by hazegry; Dec 30, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:21 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
well got the hull trimmed up a little still some sanding to do and the fiberglass strip is installed. I am looking at the way they are saying to power the boat by modifying a servo but I think I am going to use a dumas 4.8 motor I just need to find a esc and figure out what battery pack to use I would like a good run time if possible (2-3hours). I don't know if I should go forward with the boat or wait for the running gear install it and then move forward.
Last edited by hazegry; Dec 30, 2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
Well all the hobby shops are closed today and I need some thin CA to continue so I will probably work on one of the other boats today.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
well figured I would find some thing to do instead of adding the rub rails and deck. I built the main cabin and installed the stuffing tube, rudder tube, and built the rudder.

Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:29 PM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,373 Posts
Yer fast !
Tim B. is online now Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:59 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
maybe to fast I had to readjust the stuffing tube mount because it wasn't straight but at least I fixed it.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:38 PM
no such thing as to many boats
Joined May 2010
1,678 Posts
Off to a good start
louie R/C NUT is offline Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old Jan 02, 2013, 09:16 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
well I got the main cabin puttied up and sanded and I got the hull mostly puttied up and sanded. I used squadron white putty as they were out of green and it seems to be doing good just need to let it set up good or it gets gummy and difficult to sand. I also stopped by the hobby shop and got some thin CA and a big bottle of kicker as I was out. I will glue on the rub rails tomorrow and mount the servo, rudder, and deck.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts

well I got the rub rails on I noticed on the first one that when looking at the bow head on the ends were way off so I spent almost 2 hours fixing that but all in all I think it turned out pretty good.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:45 PM
Joined Sep 2006
884 Posts
I got the servo installed so the deck can go on tomorrow I need to put a larger servo horn on the servo because the throw is real short but it works for mock up. I put the relief cuts in the 1/8 balsa strips to support the deck as well.