HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:58 AM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Oops...

A clevis broke mid flight then this happened - Boom Head shot!!!
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:22 AM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
full throttle . i cant probably get more flight time if i manage the throttle , ooh and i use a 2650 30c 3s battery
Wow 5 min at WOT is great. So that's on 2650 and not on 2200 like your orginal post? But I'm sure the 2200 would work just as well. I think this will be my next setup with the Radjet...powerup 450 motor, 60a esc and 3s 2200 lipo. 100+mph sounds like a fun combo with the Radjet frame for around the neighborhood flying
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:46 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
Wow 5 min at WOT is great. So that's on 2650 and not on 2200 like your orginal post? But I'm sure the 2200 would work just as well. I think this will be my next setup with the Radjet...powerup 450 motor, 60a esc and 3s 2200 lipo. 100+mph sounds like a fun combo with the Radjet frame for around the neighborhood flying
sorry for the confusion , its on a 2650 battery . i dont know why i stated 2200i have fllown it on the 2200 ,but the flight time sucks
.you will not be dissapointed . with that motor set up and headsuprc are great to deal with super ffast shipping and excellent customer service . do a search on the vendors section and you will see im ot BS ing
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Mar 2006
456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
A clevis broke mid flight then this happened - Boom Head shot!!!
Aww that hurts!

Do you have close ups of the canard setup?
MartinT is offline Find More Posts by MartinT
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Jul 2007
742 Posts
Does anyone know the current speed record for a Radjet?
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Oct 06, 2012, 10:27 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake View Post
Does anyone know the current speed record for a Radjet?
check post 81 i belive . they have one clocked at 132mph on video.i belive that with the right mods and motor this ship is capable of speed of over 150mph .
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:51 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
The Radjet is going to be limited by the size equipment that can go in it and also it's wing area. This all relates to how fast you can get one to go. The Funjet's have been able to be pushed to 200+ but that's because of the room for large 6s lipos, 100+ amp escs, and large motors. Plus the FJ's have a larger wingarea and made of stronger foam.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
Aww that hurts!

Do you have close ups of the canard setup?
Page 53 of this thred
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Well dang nose down into the dirt..... Totally pilot error I did a nice curve around and it got behind me and that was it. After all the stories here I wasn't expecting much but for the 20 seconds it flew it was really nice! Just glueing the nose back on now hopefully I can try again tomorrow!
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:58 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,291 Posts
I hadn't flown either of mine in a LONG time, due to so many other things to do and fly. And never getting the motor change done on them. But flying one again was great and reminded me of how much fun these are!! I like bigger warbirds and scale jets for their impressive looks, but really the Radjet is as much fun, or MORE, than any other plane!
A really good "just keep it in the car and fly whenever you can" little plane! And it's speed and screaming motor are as impressive (almost) as any larger plane's other reasons to be impressive anyway!
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 10:07 AM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
You're right Peter, you can't get a better bang for the buck than something like the Radjet. For around $100 bucks you can have a 100+mph pusher jet. Just add about $50 in motor and esc upgrades!
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:52 AM
Quad Pilot
Ferndale Wa
Joined Apr 2009
291 Posts
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a Radjet, cant wait for it to get here,thanks for all the great info in this thread, I've been reading since 6:30 this morning and have learned a lot of the pro's and con's of individual set up's, I look forward to continued discussions of this platform and power combo's.
ShawnG is offline Find More Posts by ShawnG
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I hadn't flown either of mine in a LONG time, due to so many other things to do and fly. And never getting the motor change done on them. But flying one again was great and reminded me of how much fun these are!! I like bigger warbirds and scale jets for their impressive looks, but really the Radjet is as much fun, or MORE, than any other plane!
A really good "just keep it in the car and fly whenever you can" little plane! And it's speed and screaming motor are as impressive (almost) as any larger plane's other reasons to be impressive anyway!
i agree with you . it all depends on he persons taste . i love the look of warbird and jets ,and have one of each ,i dont really care for them . the warbirds fly too slow , and the jets drain the life out of batteries and cost so much to upgrade them to get decent speeds out of them.so my go to planes are always wings or what i call (or are considered )bank n yank planes . there low cost can be scratch built and if set properly fly like on rails
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:07 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i agree with you . it all depends on he persons taste . i love the look of warbird and jets ,and have one of each ,i dont really care for them . the warbirds fly too slow ..
You ought to try a Skyangel/HK Funfighter if you think warbirds are slow
Funfighter Spitfire 5.5x5.5 rocks on 3s oct 2012 (5 min 0 sec)

Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Oct 07, 2012, 04:31 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,291 Posts
LOL, that is not a warbird, that is a 'funfighter'!
"Warbirds' fly like they should.... to scale speed (approx). And are more scale too (standoff scale generally).
But the funfighter range are a good/novelty mix of looking like a warbird, but flying like scalded cats!
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member